Sandy SpeyClave - who's going?

Discussion in 'Events' started by FlyShopKristin, May 4, 2006.

1. Hey - just wanted to check in with the crowd - who's headed to the Sandy next weekend? (May 13-14) We're going Friday & plan to camp at Oxbow for the weekend.

Its always a fun event - my priorities:
    • -check out the new CND Black Rods and their new lines
    • -Meiser rods, test cast as much of the the lineup as i can, I hope that the switch rods are there!
    • -Cast the new TFO 13'3 Skagit

So - who's going??

Info for the Clave: flyfishusa.com/spey-clave.htm

2. I should be down there barring hell or high water.

I want to try th e new CND and the Beulah rods.

I'll also get to bust out my kick ass camp stove.

3. I'm planning on it! Don't know specifically what I'll try out, but I'm sure they will have a whole bunch of new stuff. Meiser's are definitely high on the list!

:cool:

4. James Mello might be in too.

5. I'm planning on being there at least one day, probably saturday. This has been such a great event - best one of it's kind IMHO!

6. This is going to be the third year in a row that I have to work the weekend of the clave. Have fun guys.

7. I'll be there and I expect to see you shame a lot of guy's Kristin.

8. I'll be there with my Dad and Daughter also staying at Oxbow, I have way to many things to try out. I cast a prototype of the TFO rod a few months ago and it was pretty sweet. See ya all there

9. What do people want for dinner?

10. Sweet! Sloan and his kick ass grill are the SHIZ!

Sloan - Ron and I are planning to bring some racks of pork ribs for the grill... let me know how else we can pitch in.

11. Sounds good. Maybe some foil for the ribs.
    Ill get breakfast stuff.
    Maybe some beans and rice.
    Maybe some coq au vin?

12. I'm probably going to just bring some brat / polish sausage or something like that. Costco always has something good. Looks like we don't have to worry about breakfast on Saturday, see below.

I'll bring some beans and potato or pasta salad as well. See you guys sometime on Friday, I'm planning on taking the afternoon off from work and heading down a little early.

---------------
    May 13, 7:30- 9:00
    FREE BREAKFAST
    Provided By: Santiam Spey Casters
    Come early! Everyone is welcome!

May 13, 7:30- 9:00
    LUNCH
    Provided By: The Fly Fishing Shop
    Everyone is welcome!

May 13, 6:00pm -
    "G. Loomis Hosted Barbeque"
    Everyone welcome!

May 14, 7:30- 9:00
    LUNCH
    Provided By: The Fly Fishing Shop
    Everyone is welcome!

13. Allright, looks like there's gonna be plenty to eat with the free meals and a bunch of people brining food.
    I'm gonna bring breakfast stuff for Sunday Morning.
    I'll also bring some rice and beans or something, maybe some flak steak.
    I'll bring some coffee and try to find a pot . It might be a little rainy so it'll be nice to have something hot to drink at all times. .
    I'm gonna bring my stove for anyone that wants to use it. Its a BIG two burner propane. Just find the guy with the white Dodge Dakota with a topper and the biggest stove in the place.

14. Being one of the two fellows (Bob Larsell the other) who came up with this 'brain child,' I'll be there. By the by, the correct spelling is: 'Clave. Word is a contraction of 'conclave.':ray1:

Forgot to add: I'd recommend you bring along a bottle of Single Malt Whisky ... a lot of this has a tendency to get consumed on Friday and Saturday evening. (You have been properly 'warned.') AND!! if your new to Oxbow Park "pets" of any kind are NOT ALLOWED in the park. ONLY exception made are 'working dogs' for sight/hearing impared.

15. Awesome! I already packed the bottle of Single Malt for those squirrels.....:D

See you guys there!