Saturday Spey Clinic

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by windtickler, Mar 2, 2004.

1. windtickler

windtickler Member

I didn't see any posts on this, but it was kind of amusing, so I thought I'd put it up here.

Saturday, as we were having spey class with River Run Anglers at the junction of the Tolt and Snoqualmie, two gear fisherman caught a nice fish at the head of the pool. They were a little nervous about drifting through the gauntlet, until I explained we were tossing yarn.
    Then about 5 minutes later they caught another (which Aaron had spotted rolling a while before) right in the middle of the pool. Both fish were natives.

The only down side is they posed with that first fish like it was bessed dressed at the Oscars night. I was a little surprised they didn't take it off of the first guy's rod and tie it onto the second. I think a few people actually walked up there to check on the fish. After watching that I can understand the rules about not taking the fish out of the water.

Anyway, it was kind of funny to have all of these guys flogging the water and have two guys pick fish right from under our lines.

I also learned more, or put more together, in that clinic than I have all year. Aaron, Jack, and Brian all provided key pieces of the puzzle. It's a damn shame the rivers are closed, because Sunday I was really hucking some nice casts.