Sauk report/warning

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kristin, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Kristin New Member

Bothell, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Fished all day, no fish, plenty of sun; returned to my truck and had the drivers rear window broken out. :mad:

They stole my shoes and reel covers, left the rod holders. My cell phone they did not touch yet they stole my brothers.

I would love to get a hold of these people and to quote Pulp Fiction "Go mid-evil on there ass"!!!!

Beware,

Kristin
  2. CoastalCutt Member

North Bend, WA
    Jesus! Bret at Creekside just told me last night that the Sheriffs in Darrington would be out patrolling "full force" this weekend whatever that means. Sorry for that. Darrington residents bring "redneck" to a whole new level. Someone's gotta get those bastards.
  3. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +652 / 1

A lot of "those" folks are computer literate. "They" read this crap that we spew out of keyboards about how much better "we" are than "them." Just because "they" live out there doesn't mean "they're" all a bunch of rednecks. Is everyone on Capitol Hill gay? Or, all you folks out in North Bend a bunch of yuppie wannabe's? Probably not.

Sorry to hear about the break in. I've left my car unattended hundreds of times out "that way" and have never had an issue. Can't say the same about the Seattle city limits.
  4. Abomb Member

In the skinny
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    Wow, that sucks. Sounds like the local law should put a sting into effect over there and bust some heads, Rodney King style.

Now you PC people do not get your panties into a bunch over that.
  5. bankwalker Member

seattle
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    sounds about right for any river you go to anymore. im so sick of seeing tweekers and having to worry about being ripped off. i like to take alot of gear with me when i go fishing. a couple rods for gear fishing and a couple fly rod setups...

but as of lately i pick one rod and hope that the conditions fit the type of gear i bring.

thanks to all the tweekers out there.
  6. FLGator Member

PNW
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Kristen,
    I really am determined to find a solution to this problem. I'm very sorry about your experience and what it did to impact your experience.

CoastalCutt,
    Redneck does not equal thief. There are dirtbags in every walk of life and there are a lot of really good people in Darrington. You sir, have a lot to learn about humanity.
  7. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +166 / 0
    Yes, paint the criminals as victims, classic...
  8. CoastalCutt Member

North Bend, WA
    Wow there PT, nowhere did I say they were illiterate, but it takes just a few bad apple to ruin the whole bunch. And darrington has a few. I'd love to see your shit get trashed.....then come on here and let me know how you feel about some thieving people then. I'm pretty F***** redneck if must say, and I have met my fair share of knowlegable and friendly people up there in Darrington, but that doesn't mean they're aren't very bad and immoralized people up there too. Hell, Medina has crooked people. All I was saying is that there are a few really big assholes up there. No not everybody in Capital Hill is gay, but it does have a reputation, and the same idea goes for Darrington, the few that choose to act like this and break into rigs give it a bad reputation. Maybe redneck wasn't the right word, let me rephrase it.....Darrington has its share of Assholes.
  9. WT Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    [IMG]
  10. Hillbilly Redneck wishin i was fishin

Whitehorse Mt.
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    I suggest putting a "Go Logger's" bumper sticker on your rig.

I've never had my rig broken into around here but I have down on the Stilly at the Marine View drive launch and I had my catalytic converter sawed off this fall down by I-5... that was cool...drove to Arlington sounding like a funny car. There are low life rip off punks everywhere. Pretty tough to enforce.
  11. CoastalCutt Member

North Bend, WA
    Ya know I hate to say it, but its probably just punk ass high schoolers, kind of like many I attend school with. Bottom line is that there are bad people everywhere, and its frustrating to see and to be a victim of these kinds of incidents.
  12. Abomb Member

In the skinny
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    Thats all you've got? Nothing for the poor guy who got their shit ripped off. I see the apple does not fall far from the tree.
  13. Nailknot Active Member

Cascadia
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    That area has been mostly free of smash and grabs, even while this stuff was happening all then time on the Sky and other rivers. Too bad. Once the tweakers realize all the rigs left sitting they can't resist.
  14. Nathan M Daines Natives

bellingham
    Of anyone see a tweeker wearing a orange THE FLY SHOP hat kick there ass for me. That was the other thing that they stole. Kristin and I go up there all the time its our favorite river to fish and this is the first time we had a problem. Not a good way to end the day.

Nate
  15. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +166 / 0
    Awesome! Now can we turn the topic to choice vs. genetic predisposition? Are you saying that Capitol Hill's gay community has a reputation for breaking (I thought about how I phrased this sentence, yes it's funny, and you should do the same with yours) into fishermen's rigs?
  16. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +219 / 0
    I took it a bit differently. My understanding of CC's comment wasn't so much about stereotyping as it was "bad apple" syndrome (as he said himself). Never mind Cap Hill or Darrington, we can pick on Renton/MV...most folks living along there are plenty nice, same as you and me. Unfortunately when I think of 169 first thing that comes to mind is how I'm going to access the ol' Seedy and enjoy a few hours chasing 'bows w/o having my truck windows busted out and stereo missing. So that becomes the reputation there. It's what I've experienced. It's what I know.

Anyhow, maybe CC will weigh back in here but that's my loose interpretation. I didn't see any intentional darts hurled at the gay community or anyone else...maybe not the most pc example he gave but I got the point.
  17. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +85 / 0
    Those "rednecks" are usually hard working loggers and mill workers that make an honest living. "They" are on your side, as they usually handle the matter in a discrete (i.e. without police aid) manner. For the most part there isn't issues with those launches precisely because of those folks.

The folks you really want to bitch at are the tweakers and complete punks that are doing it. My gut feel is the locals will get a hold of whoever the culprit is before the police and things will be done.

-- Cheers
    -- James
  18. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    Drive a cheap and dirty American made automobile that is at least 10 years old and you are golden. Such as Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable.

Also, no stickers, extra dirty, garbage on floor inside.

Basically, drive a tweeker rig!
  19. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +219 / 0
    Reminds me...company cars make the best fishing rigs! :D
  20. Chris Puma hates waking up early

stumptown
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    it's true, i looked out my window and just confirmed everyone on capitol hill is gay.

(except me of course)