SBS Format

Discussion in 'Fly Tying Step by Step / Video' started by Jack Devlin, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Jack Devlin

Jack Devlin Active Member

I have a suggestion for the format of the Step-By-Steps appearing in this forum. I suggest that the finished fly appear at the beginning of the tutorial along with the "recipe"/materials list.
    I just looked through almost all of the SBS's posted thus far and find that I have to scroll down to the end to see what fly I'm going to be looking at. Not a big deal, but most well done presentations of the kind you guys are putting up usually show the finished item first. Of course, the finished fly will naturally appear as well at the end of the SBS as the last step I would think.
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all who have posted thus far. We all appreciate the time, thought and skill which go into producing these SBS's. They are really great.
    As soon as I get my new camera I hope to post a few.
    Respectfully,
    Jack

2. GAT

GAT Active Member

Okay.

3. ScottP

ScottP Active Member

BLUF - Bottom Line Up Front (from my 31 years of Federal Government service; we never met an acronym we didn't like). Good suggestion.

Regards,
    Scott

4. Jack Devlin

Jack Devlin Active Member

Hey Scott,
    It just dawned on me (I'm sharp as a tack-nothing gets by me :) ) that most of the SBS's posted are yours. Please, my suggestion was not intentionally directed at you. Keep em coming.
    Jack

5. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

Sometimes you don't know what you want until someone else suggests it. Good idea Jack.

BTW: Thanks mostly to the above two guys this section has really taken off. Way to go.

6. ScottP

ScottP Active Member

Jack,

No worries; I think it's a great idea. I'll try to retrofit all my other SBS's.

Regards,
    Scott

BakerSean1 likes this.