Scadden Assault XX Anchor rig w pics

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by steelhd32, Jun 29, 2012.

1. steelhd32 New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Greetings:

Posted some questions about a Scadden Outlaw Avenger, and mentioned some mods I had made to my Assault XX. Thought I'd post some pics, as I think that some may find them interesting. Used 1-3/8" diam chain link fence top rail, along with the "L" and "T" fitting available from Lowes. I did get the top rail from a fencing supply house, as the Lowes top rail is apparently of lighter guage. The anchor is made of hardwood, and pivots on one of the frame cross members. Anchor line is 3/8, and runs through 4 shackles. Works very well, if I must say so. Plus, the frame rail behind the row seat provides an additional lashing point and hand hold.

Hope this helps some one

Jim

Attached Files:

2. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    So much for the frameless...
    All that for the anchor? Did you try a Scotty?
    http://www.cabelas.com/float-tube-pontoon-accessories-scotty-anchor-lock-2.shtml

We put one front and rear.

Here is something a friend did on his. His wife wanted to be a bit higher and be able to turn.
    He bought one of these:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boat..._l=SBC;cat104794380;cat104705280;cat104492880

And placed a board under it. Maybe secure the seat to the board with caps screwed to board. He strapped the seat down using the seat straps

[IMG]

Put a swivel seat on it, it is pretty sweet.
  3. steelhd32 New Member

Yeah, that's true, but the frame secures easily to the rack on my Subaru, and when I don't want the frame, its still frameless. The reason for the frame is that I can set the anchor behind me by pulling on the anchor line in front of me and then locking it into the chock.

I like the seat idea from you friend. That may get a try as well.

Jim
  4. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    Keep up the good work.
  5. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    those are really nice boats.... How do they handle on the rivers? I would love to beable to talk my wife into something like this or a drift
  6. steelhd32 New Member

I can't say how they perform in heavy whitewater, but in flat water up to class 2, my Assault XX is very easy to row, and very comfortable. However, I do find that the front passenger seems to do a lot more fishing than I do! I bought it for river transportation, but instead have found that I am using it like a drift boat.

Jim
  7. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +174 / 0
    Assault XXX with NRS Skid mount frame Lean bar and motor mount. Works well as shown on the Sol Duc River in June. Assault xxx7.jpg