Scadden Assault Xx Vs Watermaster Kodiak

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by chrome/22, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I've had a composite oar back ordered for a couple weeks now......

2. I waited a while too. Not sure who makes them for NFO.

3. James, you need to save and frame that fortune. I wish I had one when my ex came out with "We have too many boats." I ask you, is 5 too many? Hell, one was a canoe--surely that shouldn't count.:confused:

4. Hmmmmmmm, I think you need a fortune cookie that says "James, listen to your volunteer advisors advice on boats". ;)

5. I went directly to sawyer and got these new oars. Just make sure you let them know you'll be pinning the oar locks and order the dynel wrap where you have to drill for the oarlocks image.jpg

6. Not to hi-jack, but RCSflyfish, would you tell us about those Sawyer oars?

Sg

7. aqua bound makes them. I called their customer service line - got it touch with a nice guy - explained my issues with having to wait weeks - he's going to do what he can to help out.

8. Did he happen to agree with what's been put out on the back order thing? I am watching the UPS delivery truck like a hawk. I look like my kids looking out the window when the ice cream man drives by every time he passes my house. Mr Dave, NFO during a talk at the Puyallup Sportsmans Show, told me he is expecting a shipment of the oars this week. And should expect a pair of oars pretty soon..

9. Yes - same story

11. Thanks Rcsflyfish!

12. I should have some better formed opinions to share in a few weeks, because I will soon have one foot in each camp.:) I purchased an Assault XX at the show today, and it will be joining a Water Master Kodiak currently in use.

Oh no! Will this be how it all gets started?;)

JesseCFowl likes this.
  13. You're toast Gregg.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

14. Yes. Next you'll own a 12' Steelheader, sell that to buy a Super Puma, buy a salt boat, sell the SP to buy a bit larger raft, realize the limitations of your salt boat and upgrade with the knowledge your previous boat got you, buy a DB as some fisheries are just more pleasant while in a hard boat, all the while buying and selling 1 person boats until you find that perfect balance of being single, lonely, and confused which watercraft you should fish out of that day.

Not that I know any of this from personal experience.

JesseCFowl and Bill Aubrey like this.
  15. Nah, Gregg's just getting started. Remember, Brian, it is virtually impossible to own too many boats.

16. Exactly, PT. And let's not forget another advantage of the inflatable--you can roll it up and transport it on your sailboat!

17. Bill, that's why I'm looking to add an Aire Sea Tiger to the mix.... Except that it will be transported by a boat that doesn't use sail power.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  18. Too funny. I know it's a slippery slope when I'm rationalizing a packraft, streamtech, and an inflatable yak all in the same mind thread.

This sport really sucks man... :)

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  19. "he who has the most toys wins?"