FS Scadden Outlaw Outfitter (3 Seat Cataraft)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Ed Call, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Shown here configured as our Grande Ronde gear boat, supporting our group of eight for a 3 day/2 night float from Minam OR to Troy OR (49 miles). As you can see, the boat holds one strapping rower and a whole bunch of gear.

[​IMG]

Shown here at one of our lunch breaks, you can see a bit better how much we actually stuck on her for JIm to row.

[​IMG]

The boat description can be found here at the North Fork Outdoors website.
    http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2012catalog/page13.html

and the specifications here on the consolidated specs page from Scadden.
    http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2012catalog/specs.html

Used for this three day trip, a couple of one day outings and a few lake trips with the family.
    Comes with front passenger frame pod with retractable standing platform and lean bar, rowers frame pod with retractable standing/scouting platform and through the frame anchor line system, rear passenger frame pod with retractable standing platform and lean bar, cargo platform with pulley wheel and eye bolt for doubling your anchor rope (reducing the effort needed to pull up the anchor), upgraded Power Stroke Carbon oars with sleeves, oar rights and upgraded steel set screws (I replaced the plastic set screws because the flat head plastic screws did not seem very stout to me).

Full retail at North Fork Outdoors is $3400. Summer sale price of $2799. Buy this gently used, easy to break down and transport bladderless boat for $2000. I'll even consider including my cataraft trailer, a utilty trailer with front and side short solid sides, welded on winch bar, strap winch, two nice 15" tires, an unused matching spare and welded on rollers that support the launch/recovery of the cataraft with ease. Boat plus trailer, $2500.

Why am I selling this one? Becasue I just prefer the 14' x 22" Maxxon tubed NRS retro framed cataraft that my family and friends have seen me use much more. I just can't see having two three seat catarafts in the stable.

Contact me for more photos, to come and view, or even for a test row.

2. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    What a deal man. That'll go fast.

3. Brian White

Brian White Recovering Bugmeister

Further from MT than I'd like (B-vue, WA)
    Had to wipe the drool off of my keyboard. Nice boat/deal! I miss my Scadden Skykomish, and seeing the pics of the kids next to the boat made me think how i could bring my daughter.

In the highly unlikely event that my wife doesn't shoot me down HARD when I broach the subject... I will PM you. Someone should jump on that deal.

4. Ed Call

Media:
    Let me know Brian. This craft will transport you, your daughter and wife quite nicely. Shoot me a pm if you need more photos or want to come check it out.

5. Joe Coletta

Joe Coletta Jumpin Jersey Joe

Ed- could I get some photos of the trailer and everthing which is included in this sale?
    Thanks so much!
    Joe

6. Ed Call

Media:
    I'll lay it all out as soon as I can, disassembled, photo, assemble and photo again. I'll add the photos soon.

7. Ed Call

Media:
    Okay, I just added 15 photos of the craft laid out, tubes not inflated. More of the trailer (gray cataraft not included) that shows the trailer and welded on cataraft rollers on the back. Photos are here: http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=18772

The black boat box with the seat attached can come with the boat if you want it, or I can remove it and put on the third pedestal and seat (that looks just like the rower and rear seats). I also have the standard black Scadden side bags. I just realized that I did not lay them out for the photos.

8. Joe Coletta

Joe Coletta Jumpin Jersey Joe

Thanks for all the new photos Ed! What a sweet set up you have there and I think it should go quickly.

9. Ed Call

Media:
    I'll deliver or meet halfway to locations within reason.

10. Thad

Thad New Member

Ed, I am a new member to this site and am very interested in possibly purchasing the boat/trailer package. How do I go about sending a PM to you to discuss the details and a trip over to check it out? Thanks. Thad

11. Ed Call

Media:
    Thad, I just started a conversation (PM) with you about conversation starting and the boat.

12. Ed Call

Media:
    SOLD! Thanks Thad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.