Scadden rampage with frame, report..

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by golfman65, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:

Well for me, it isn't "why would Dave" but more "did Dave". When I talked to him last, he really doesn't recall ever saying this. The reason as stated by Mojo.

Ands as far as it being my business, the minute it was put on a public forum kinda made it happen, don't you think?

Last comment pretty dead on though.

2. PT

PT Physhicist

Again, why is it any of our business? And, why would you call Dave to find out if this is true or not? I knew from the start you had some sort of connection to NFO because you've been nothing but an apologist for the company. I've always thought they had some great products but a company that doesn't have the ability to respond to multiple inquiries doesn't want my/more business. I don't know why anyone would buy one of their boats based on their customer service record but in this case I don't really care. Just saying that apparently Gman has spoken with him and you really don't need to know what was said. I'm a business owner and as such I don't need to explain all of my dealings with the general public. Sorry for the hi-jack but alot has been spewed about nothing. Enjoy and endorse your dealing with the company and maybe let Gman enjoy his experience with NFO as well.

3. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:

Maybe we are reading to much into this. First off as far as business, Now I could be wrong, but isn't all this about trading and what Dave said - post?
    I called Dave about BUYING a XX which I did. While visiting, BECAUSE, we are friends and I have never tried to hide that, I mentioned some of the complaints I read. He listens and tries to correct what he can or he explains that some people claim things that don't really happen.
    I am not saying the poster is Lying, but maybe we are not hearing the whole story, which does happen frequently.

This is a subject i am familiar with and I gave MY opinion, special when cutting the floor. Take it of leave it. Just my opinion.

I could ask you why you care about this post. You don't care for NFO. But that is what open forums are all about, and like you said, it is n on of my business.

4. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

So Blue...

Ask Dave if he would like me to post ALL our emails back and forth..especially with the missing frame etc.
    You know, I love the product but saying I'm not telling the whold story, that Dave doesn't remember, is bullshit..

Here you go

Hey Paul

Thanks for the note...
    Yes, You can cut the seat out of the Rampage to accept the Lazer X frame... but before you do that please let us know and we will swap you for a set of Outlaw X5 pontoons. The Outlaw X5 is the exact same boat as the Rampage without the seat bed.

I hope you have a great trip and catch a lot of big fish!

Thanks so much!

Dave

NOW what do you have to say..besides trying to muddy up the water..everything I said was straight from the horses mouth and you called b.s. on all of it...Maybe it's you and Dave who should talk huh?

5. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    Didn't try to muddy up the water at all. We don't talk about his e-mails, it was just idle chat. I mentioned your post to him, maybe to try and help you get an answer. I didn't call bs, I said Dave didn't recall saying that, he does get busy, it happens. The letter does sound like Dave.
    Like I said, I think we were reading too much into this, and I do apologize to you.
    Good Luck.

6. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Here's the thing..I gave what I thought was a very positive report and got called on what I said and observed...You both said I couldn't cut out the floor, etc. and Dave wouldn't say that..you said..

. He listens and tries to correct what he can or he explains that some people claim things that don't really happen.
    I am not saying the poster is Lying, but maybe we are not hearing the whole story, which does happen frequently.

Well that sure sounds like your saying I'm making all this up, I wouldn't post personal emails but felt compelled to after that...

7. Driftaway

Driftaway New Member

Other boats are not inferior, just a different style. Bucks Bags makes a heck of a boat and I feel they are way under rated and dont have the marketing or internet buzz like some others and they are made in the USA.

8. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

I talked to my buddy up north to see what he could do for me...He got in touch with Dave and had me call him..Dave said he remembered the email and our conversation and would trade me an X5 for my rampage so I wouldn't need to cut it up!!

I heard he was out of town and hadn't had a chance to reply...and I am going on that...I'm just happy I don't have to cut etc. not that it really would have bothered me doing it, I plan on keeping the boat for awhile...but this is a better outcome I would think...

So now I'm eating crow for bitching so much...but am happy to get this deal done!!!

9. Driftaway

Driftaway New Member

squeaky wheel theory at work

10. mojo

mojo Member

Glad you're getting the X5 toon. Seriously, I never thought he'd do a trade. You'll like the X5 setup. Turn the frame around and get yourself a motor and have fun.
    [​IMG]