Scadden website

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by biere.froide, Oct 7, 2013.

1. biere.froide

biere.froide New Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if Scadden has a new website address? When I try to access www.northforkoutdoors.com I get redirected to a domain name has expired page.

Thanks

2. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

I also an unable to access his site---I don't know if he has a new address or not.

biere.froide likes this.
  3. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Perhaps they forgot to answer their host providers phone calls or emails.

Steezn290 likes this.
  4. Dan Nelson

Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Media:
    Home Page:
    biere.froide likes this.
  5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Media:
    You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A manufacturer without a retail outlet or storefront and he lets his Registration lapse. That is sad.
    jesse

6. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

Bahaha

chewydog likes this.
  7. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

Maybe he's closed up shop and is going into politics? Isn't spindoctoring the number one skill you need to become a politician? Scadden for President!

8. PT

PT Physhicist

Most of the negative stuff posted about NFO has simply been dismissed by his apologists as a conspiracy against a wonderful man and a model company.

This must be another conspiracy to disparage the man by all you haters....

porterHause and Stonefish like this.
  9. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:

I called today, Dave has been on Vacation and Derek didn't know till yesterday. Not sure what happened.

Bill Aubrey and biere.froide like this.
  10. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    Can't blame a guy for wanting to go on vacation now as it is the best time of year to be outdoors. But I might tell the second in command (or where ever Derek sits in the chain) about it. :D

11. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

Media:
    I seem to recall this exact same thing happened a year or two ago. He apparently did not pay the re-new fee for his website and the provider pulled it down. Sheesh....

Ed Call likes this.
  12. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Albums:
    Wow, my domain provider sends email reminders well ahead of time and a physical bill. I can also set it up to auto-renew. But, I never want to risk having someone snatch my domains out from under me so they are paid up through 2030. Costs me $130.00 to renew for 10 years at a time. Cheap insurance for $13/year. I hope it doesn't cost him too much to get it back from a reseller.

13. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Website is up as of 5:AM. A great opportunity for little pinheads to disparage a great guy who continues to introduce innovative designs every year. I have seen Dave brush off similar people at boatshows before. He seems to be able to size up guys who are more interested in talking about there own so called abilities, you know the type: " just letting you know I know which end of a fly rod to grab"! Come to think if it, every year after the local boat shows, some little pinhead starts a " I hate Dave" thread, probably one of those "brushoffs".

Bill Aubrey and Blue like this.
  14. PT

PT Physhicist

Scadden doesn't need us pinheads to disparage him. His business practices pretty much take care of that on their own.

Sportsman, wipe off your chin.... That ain't mayo.

saffman likes this.
  15. Panther

Panther Member

I just posted on Scadden vs. Outcast. I have had positive customer service experiences with him. Now I need to contact him again. Maybe my experience will be positive, may it won't. But I just got back from a fishing trip, and clicked on his website to see if replacement bags (bear damage) are listed in his accessories for sale. They aren't, but I didn't have any problem accessing his website. If Scadden's customer service is bad, (not my experience so far), that is certainly a negative. But his boats are first-class, and light.

biere.froide likes this.
  16. biere.froide

biere.froide New Member

Sportsman this "pinhead/brushoff" started this thread looking for information on Scadden pontoons. My wife and I were looking at used pontoons for her as she recently started fly fishing with me. She actually decided to purchased a Scadden pontoon. I support her decision as it a solid pontoon and in good condition. So thanks for letting me know how great the Scadden boats are... Oh wait you didn't...

17. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

buiere.froide...All you asked for was info on his site....Right?! That's what I stated .I don't know how you thought my little editorial was directed at you, but if it hit close to home, then I believe you. PT, glad you proved my point by jumping in....but you are way past being a pinhead.

18. Randall Clark

Randall Clark Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm sorry, but first impressions are everything. I've never considered myself as one of those "pinheads who likes to talk about my own abilities"...oh to the contrary, I'm often my own worst critic...but that's neither here nor there. Point being, last year I purposely stopped by his display at the Sportsman's Show to ask him questions about his boats. He didn't give me the time of day...left me standing there hangin' to go talk some others who (judging by the way they were dressed) might have had plenty of money to spend. Perhaps I just didn't look the part, you know, being there with my son and all (when all he wanted to do was sit on the rafts). But I'm sorry, part of good customer service is treating everyone like a potential client. I was at a point where I was seriously considering one of his boats but if you can't answer some basic questions about your product (and basically treat me like a second class citizen), then I'm out. I don't give a shit how good your product might be.

sorry, perhaps this should be it's own "I hate Dave" thread for the rest of the pinheads.

Alex MacDonald and Brian Thomas like this.
  19. PT

PT Physhicist

Sportsman, you missed sum.

20. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Sorry PT, it is you who missed it. I was referring to 3 people who had nothing better to do than to use a 24 hour downtime on his website to jump all over him....again. I have never posted anything regarding Scadden before, but it certainly has given me reason to do so again, because I haven't had such a good laugh in quite awhile. So continue on with your petty little rant, you just keep proving my point.

Blue and Dan Nelson like this.