Scadden website

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by biere.froide, Oct 7, 2013.

1. PT

PT Physhicist

Never met or any dealings and he's a great guy? Same process as never having met me and I'm an ass.... I guess we can form our opinions however we choose......

Sorry for the hijack! Time to stop having fun and go have more fun.

2. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Perhaps I'm one of the pinheads as well.
    I replied based on my interaction with my own domain provider. I receive multiple emails on a quarterly basis regarding new products, features, etc.
    I also receive renewal notices via email and I've received calls from them in the past as well. It would be difficult at best to let my renewal laspe.

I don't own any Scadden products. I tried to get info on them in the past, but never received a reply.
    I went a different direction and I'm happy with the products I purchased.
    I have several close friends on this board that use Scadden products. I trust their opinions greatly. They've been happy for the most part other then the slow replies to their communications and not having their orders filled correctly.
    Will I ever own a Scadden product? Likely not.
    SF

PT likes this.
  3. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

My apologies Sportsman, I thought you were calling me a Spindoctor/Politician - you were actually referencing an earlier post by myself in another thread. Thanks for clarifying that.

Anyways, I take absolutely no offense to you calling me a Pinhead. The fact that you stand up for something that lacks credibility speaks wonders about your credibility.

Randall Clark likes this.
  4. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

I certainly kicked that hornets nest, Didn't I ?! So I apologize for writing what I felt. There was a thread a couple months ago that went on ad nauseum...8-9 pages, and I stayed out of it. I think all of you took several shots at Scadden, whether true or perceived. Some even went so far as to insuate he was guilty of 'shady' financial dealings. I was surprised that Scoone didn't shut the thread down at that point, I worked for a company for 8+ years and we did boat shows in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Genoa. It was a huge expense and a ton of work. We knew there wasn't a chance of dealing with everyone on an equal basis. You only have X amount of time and you needed to stay focused on the goal of selling your product. lot's of people wanted your time and it was easy to tell who was just wasting it! Now I will stay out of future threads because I am now a Scadden boat owner. Bought a used Renegade on Saturday!

5. PT

PT Physhicist

Sportsman, I'll try to be a bit more civil. Cheap entertainment here and nothing taken personal. Enjoy your boat.

6. orangeradish

orangeradish Bobo approved

Home Page:
    Wolves.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  7. Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas Active Member

Once again ...

[​IMG]

Mike Ediger likes this.
  8. Mel King

Mel King Member

1st of all,I grew up with Dave and went thru school with him.I have also owned several of his boats(and still do). I have also done many trade shows and know what a drain it is. Dave has so many boats out that everyone wants a piece of him at the shows. He deals with more people at those shows than any of the other booths My experience with Dave has always been that he has more drive and passion than anyone I know. He goes 16 hrs a day 7 days a week and hasn't stopped for years. If you look at the innovations he has come up with, and then produced it's incredible. He has done it himself for the most part along with the shows. I sincerely doubt any of you could kept up with him.He also has a family. It's fine to complain about your personal dealings with NFO but if your just shooting your mouth off about someone you don't know, at their expense(GOSIP!)then shame on you.Sorry for the rant but I've stayed out of this to long.

Blue likes this.
  9. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

Mel I don't think anyone is knocking the Dave you or others know as a person. Just remember that a lot of times in business, people don't care about how hard you work, or your feelings. Perhaps if keep things small you might get a bit more sympathy from the average joe, but at the end of the day it all comes down to an ownership experience, and you can innovate, and design all the boats you want but if you can't deliver an ownership experience, which companies like Outcast/AIRE and similar have invented with their unwavering product support, product quality, and product execution, your personal charisma will only take you so far.

PT and Jerry Daschofsky like this.