Scott A2 9' 4wt 4 piece rod SOLD

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Flyn'dutchman, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Scott A2 9' 4wt. New tip and butt sections. Hard case. No scratches.
    $185. Am I too high or just no interest in this particual model?
  2. johnb Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Scott A2 9' 4wt 4 piece rod

what condition is the rod in? Why did you replace the butt and tip section? Did Scott do this for you?
  3. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA

Scott replaced both the tip and the butt sections. The butt has never been fished, the cork is beautiful. The tip has been fished once. I broke the original tip on a fish the first time and the butt on another fish, both at Rocky Ford. Big fish!They warrantied both and factory inspected and tested before they sent it back this time. It looks like new. I made a sock for the pieces to prevent scuffing in the case. I'm fishing a 6wt now.
  4. johnb Guest

do you know if Scott's warranty is transferable to a new owner?
  5. Steelheader Only 3 more years until I can think like a fish.

Orting,WA

Do you have any pics of the rod?
  6. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA

I'm not sure about the warranty with Scott. Any opinons out there? This rod was a replacement for a SAS 3 piece I broke the tip on with ice in the guides last winter. They messed up the second section an the SAS replacing the tip so I have a warranty card that was never filled out. As far as a picture I haven't figured out how to post one yet. Look in a cabelas catalog or a scott brochure, as I said, it is new condition. The general manager at Scott checked it out personally before they shipped it and it has not been fished.
  7. Calibeatis New Member

Port Orchard, WA

I have an A2 10' 8wt for steelhead. I never sent the warranty card in. I broke it this fall, sent it back. They repaired it for $20.00, which is standard, no questions asked.