FS Scott G1007-4Arc

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Southsound, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southsound

Southsound Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs

SOLD SOLD SOLD (Thanks Rudy!)

Selling a very scarce, part of the first ARC model run, Scott G1007/4Arc. A classic single hand rod that some say was among the best steelhead sticks ever produced. Excellent used condition - other than some soiling of the cork grip and slight wear to the reel seat from mounting/removing reels, there are no flaws. Still plenty of gap between sections at the ferrules, too. Here is a little background on this version of the ARC from Scott rods:

"The ARC designation came about when we changed from the original G1007/4 to a newer version in the early '90's that incorporated our ARC unidirectional graphite scrim for added reinforcement. Our steelhead and salmon models were the first rods in the industry to use this material and design approach. Yes, the rod is in the ARC family, but being an early version, was still wrapped like a G Series rod and carried the G designation in front of the model."

This is a factory built rod, serial number 93552. Asking $350, plus shipping and that is a pretty firm price.
    Please PM if interested or if you have questions and I will get back to you.
    Thanks
    Steve Cole
    ARC 1007-4.jpg ARC 1007-4 Model Shot.jpg ARC 1007-4 Closeup.jpg

2. formerguide

formerguide Active Member

FYI, for what it's worth, just picked up a rod from Steve. Immaculate condition, super-fast shipping and great communication, even sent me tracking info. Thanks again Steve!

Dan

3. Porter

Porter Active Member

Southsound, that is a beautiful rod. Hope someone takes it for it is very tempting. The weight of this rod is practically identical to the sage one 7100-4.

4. Southsound

Thanks you guys, for the props and the positive "2nd opinion". It is a great rod. The only reason I am parting with it is having to pay more than anticipated for my share of a surgical bill, otherwise I'd be holding fast to this one. I have three ARC based Scott rods, two are 2-handers and then this single-hand dreadnought. Choosing one to part with was like trying to choose which of my children to sell (well, maybe not that bad, but you get the idea). Anyway, the rod is still available...

Thanks again

Steve Cole

5. Southsound

Okay... offers considered. Someone needs this great rod!

Thanks

Steve Cole

6. Robert Engleheart

Robert Engleheart Robert

I have a 2-piece in 9'-6" x six weight. Custom built G that Moose at Scott told me by the serial #'s it was an ARC.
    One of my favorite rods ever. I have a Loomis Streamdance GLX/HLS in same size and while a great rod, the Scott just gets used more. Similar, but different.
    Somebody ought to get this rod!

7. Southsound

Thanks all for the comments and interest... this rod is now sold!

Steve Cole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.