Scott V2 8wt rod, Ross BG-6, Lamson Litespeed 3.5, Redington CD5/6

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by yellowlab, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V2 and CD have been sold. A nice pair of Litespeeds and BG-6 still available.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ross BG-6 with warranty card, reel pouch, box. Recently conditioned by Ross to 100% manufactures specs. $275

Manufacturer's Description:
    "What more can you say about a series of fly reels that have set a new standard for performance and value in the world of fly fishing? How about just the highlights: Incredible stopping power with over six square inches of effective drag surface. Outperformed the drag materials in every competitive reel tested by at least 25%. Three times the effective drag of every cork drag reel we tested. Dissipates heat resulting from runs of heavy weight fish. Spool design effectively maintains drag consistency as line and backing are quickly removed from the reel. Drag is fully resistant to the contaminations found in the harsh environs of big game fly fishing. Utilizes a quick release system that combines the best features of a locking and quick release spool."
    Fully machined out of bar stock aluminum
    Strong, smooth and sensitive disc drag system with over 6 square inches of effective drag surface
    Self-lubricating oil impregnated bronze bushings for ultra-smooth rotation
    Water shedding grooves on palming rim
    Skillfully machined spool and frame that provides perfect balance, appropriate line ventilation and dynamic cosmetics
    Lightweight design- weighs 10% less than many top-selling brands
    Fully ventilated, perfectly balanced spool and frame
    Quick release locking spool
    Easy LH/RH retrieve conversion
    Exposed spool rim for palming
    Large, easily adjusted drag knob
    Saltwater approved
    Guaranteed for life

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Limited Edition Lamson Hard Alox series 1 3.5's with laser etched serial numbers, 2 of 1000 made, mint condition with box, pouch $250 each

The new LamsonLitespeed Hard Alox™ is a true large arbor reel with the same fully-sealed drag system that is used in the Waterworks ULA. Like the ULA, the Litespeed Alox is machined in the U.S. from barstock aluminum. By utilizing a more traditional structural design and foregoing the use of titanium we are able to offer a very fine, high performance large arbor reel at a value you would expect from Lamson. Lighter without sacrificing strength, the new Lightspeed Hard Alox will come in a close second to a corresponding Force reel in terms of retrieve rate and weight, and each shares our patented maintenance-free super smooth conical drag.

Model Diameter Width Weight Rod Wt. Line Capacity

LITESPEED 3.5 4.00" 1.38" 5.90 oz 8,9 WF9 200 yds 20#

LINE STORAGE FORMAT Our large arbor reels maximize the benefits of large arbor design by maximizing the arbor diameter-to-width ratio. The spool is large in circumference and wide, so that line is stored in a shallow layer. The increased circumference provides high retrieve rate and eliminates line coil memory. The wide, shallow line layer means there is little radius change as line is pulled form the reel. This results in constant drag torque during long runs and eliminates the risk of tippets breaking due to drag force gain.
    HARD ALOX FINISH All of our premium reels are offered in one fantastic finish only -- a proprietary combination of alloy selection and conversion coating that we call “Hard Alox”. The term Hard Alox is taken from the anodizing process itself, wherein the aluminum surface is converted to aluminum oxide. By increasing the coating thickness and reducing porosity, our Hard Alox coating is much more durable than any other reel. Ask a dealer for a demonstration and prepare to be impressed.

Hard Alox trumps the conventional and abiquitous Type 2 anodize, a finish which emphasizes gloss and color selection over durability. In place of Type 2 we offer you enhanced resistance to abraision, impact and corrosion and a look that tells the story of beauty which, while not being just “skin deep”, actually does start there.

DRAG SYSTEM The ULA, Litespeed and Velocity drag consists of a pair of precisely matched conical elements which are drawn together with spring tension to produce variable rates of smooth rotational braking. By re-configuring the surface area of traditional disks into a pair of matching conical elements we were able to seal the drag completely from moisture, salt and grit. And since the mass of the drag elements is centralized, the spool's rotating mass is much lower which makes the reel more responsive to light drag settings. Because the average radius of the contact surface is much smaller (being conical rather than disk-shaped), start-up torque is too low to measure. US Patent #5,915,639; other patents pending.

CLUTCH Most premium reels rely on a pawl type clutch mechanism. These are often vulnerable to stress related failure, contamination and wear. The ULA, Litespeed and Velocity employ a Torrington zero-lash roller clutch. This mechanism relies on the locking effect of a number of ramps and rollers to achieve torque transmission. There are no "teeth" or "steps" to break off or wear out. And the zero-lash feature means instant engagement. This improves feel and eliminates "spike" that the reel, line and leader experience when a typical pawl clutch hooks up.

2. V2 and CD SOLD... some nice Lamsons and a BG-6 still up for grabs!

3. hey yellowlab, out of curiosity, i missed it but how much did you end up selling the Scott V2 for? In the market for a nice 8wt and I was looking at some Scott's. and any reason why you sold? I noticed y ou fished the Loomis GLX before, how did they compare?

Sorry to hijack thread :)

4. I sold the V2 for $125. It was a backup rod, but I recently replaced it with another GLX, so didn't need the Scott. It wasn't a bad rod, but it wasn't a great rod either ;)... There is no comparison to the GLX IMO, difference is night and day. I fished the Loomis' pretty exclusively apart from a one Sage 11 wt. which only gets used in Mexico.

5. Ah thanks for the insight. Thats good to know. I've been back and forth on the GLX or TFO TiCRX but I've been hearing more and more that the TICRX is a bit TOO fast action for most people. I've read good and bad things about the ticrx while almost everyone i've talked to love the GLX.

Thanks again.

6. I've owned the TiCrX, its too stiff and not very forgiving. Go for the GLX, and you won't go wrong. I have a 9'6" 7 wt. Native Run GLX that I might part with, which would compare to any 9' 8 wt. I like the extra length for nymphing, yet its very light but has great backbone. PM me if you're interested, price will be $350.

7. 1 Litespeed sold, one (1) other still available...

8. PM Sent

9. Litespeed sold to stlhdr, thanks for prompt payment. BG-6 still available for you spey guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.