Sea Lions shot on the Nisqually River

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Drag-Free Drift, Jan 28, 2012.

1. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +675 / 0
    It is now 'our' world...and has been for quite some time. I for one feel very fortunate to be at the top of the food chain and in charge of their fate instead of them in charge of mine. :)
  2. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I just hope we can agree it is wrong to conduct illegal activities such as this- set by law, until the law changes.
    Anyone who condones it should be booted from society for being above the law.

Poachers of any types should be dismissed of.

If one doesn't like it, run for office, start a grassroots campaign to change the laws, throw big bucks behind
    your plan, go to college and get educated and be qualified to apply for the top dog job of decision making on these manners.
    Or atleast, vote and accept majority rule.
    Just don't be the jackass who thinks he can pull the trigger without society's laws consent, that's
    straight up chickenshit justice.
  3. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    We should get these sea lions to register themselves, or else export 'em back to Canada.
  4. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +791 / 1
    Interesting perspective. No amnesty for the illegal CA, OR and Canadian Sea Lions :ray1:
  5. lives2bwild Member

snohomish county
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    well said goldentrout. and i deffinitly agree poaching wrong, theres plenty of legal wild animals to eat
  6. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,034 / 1
    Some odd thought patterns on here. Me, I'm all for popping a few sea lions.
  7. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    Really, odd thought patterns? like THE LAW? Breaking the law?
  8. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Stir the pot. Back before 1972 people shot them in Puget Sound. I'm only sorry I missed those days.

I don't contribute to HSUS or Peta and my voting record is mostly republican.
  9. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    A real sportstman, eh? Ah, from the center of the intellectual universe, Moses Lake...
  10. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Well... I do think before I open my mouth. Ever consider that. Go back to worrying about the sea lions.
  11. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    Really? Assholes who break Federal Law and condone have no merit to me.
    They are the same as rapist to me-thinking they are above the law.
  12. Benjy Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    I recently read an article that stated their population was considerably higher than historic levels because the gill nets provide them with easy meals. The solution is simple- get rid of the nets!
  13. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Goldentrout, your profile says you joined 11 days ago. It also says you haven't made any friends yet. I can believe that. I will be your friend.
  14. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    Zen, says you've been a member since 08 and have 2 friends so please, tell me how you garner such favor?

I am in total agreement that the sea lion issue is a bad deal and man created and will be man controlled, I just say that we don't go vigilante justice
    and have to follow the law because there are too many people that are clueless and don't have the right to do what they see fit.

Legally banning DDT saved the Bald Eagle, Osprey and Peregrine Falcon..example of a great law change
  15. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    you're too creepy, zen : )
    Kidding :thumb:
    I am sure we'd get along fine. Maybe.

My point is are we just going to break laws when we want to or are we going to think things out and change them then enact majority rules ?
    I don't care if we are talking sea lions, health codes, underage drinking (or overage drinking to some of you out there : )

People will start deciding for themselves if they deserve to kill every native steelhead if they feel they are above the law?
    Fly only water? SHeeeeeeeeeit, Dynamite only water!
    Loggers had the same mindset - books like "They Tried To Cut It All"...

We need some laws and regulations

Sorry about the Moses Lake crack. They have good pizza there on the way out of town.....
  16. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    Wait a sec, there are <i> <b>Republicans</i> </B>on this board?

I need to read the fine print again on the service agreement.
  17. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    You're probably just one chad away from voting for Newt.
  18. gldntrt40 Member

UFO over the city
    He's got the Bill Clinton womanizing down..and Bill was a great Prez, IMHO
    so might work out.

What name says "America" like Newt or Obama..

(I think we are in trouble no matter)

Apologize to anyone reading..or named Newt or Obama, from Moses Lake, poachers and lastly, overage drinkers :beer2:

Back to fishing talk only!
  19. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,785 / 0
    In before Newt gets it shut down.

We got one of them damn sea lions caught in our gill net one night. Freakin' thing was tearin' the crap out of the net and when we got it to the boat it proceeded to bash the livin' crap out of the stern. My partner got a 12 gauge and blasted the thing right in the head from less than two feet away. Both of us were covered with sea lion brains. Freakin' disgustin'.
  20. Jerry White Member

City, State
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    Sensible... but it begs the question - what caliber of handgun do we use for protection against marauding, seal-killing wolves?