Sea-runs and resident cohos

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Home From Montana, Dec 15, 2009.

1. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    "Tide schedule looks kind of pathetic though, not sure how it's gonna work out... "

Connor, what's up with the tides? Highs too low and Lows too high? Obviously I haven't checked the tables yet....

I was there once last year and the tide was out (low) and there was nothing but mud flats as far as I could see....didn't fish! Have heard that can be a good spot at times tho.

Jc
  2. Craig Schulz Midwest transplant, but taking root nicely....

Gig Harbor, WA
    Tides are just off, not a lot of movement, they drop at 8:00am and then back up at noonish, the night swings are great just not so fantastic during day light. The 24th looks to be the best day left this month[IMG].
  3. Craig Schulz Midwest transplant, but taking root nicely....

Gig Harbor, WA
  4. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    When I checked the tables I immediately saw what you mean...not much flow; basically, lows are too high during daylight. :beathead: Think I'll try another time. Maybe hit the river instead.

Jc
  5. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    whats up no reportys?
    i had to work today
    were you the fellas at purdy this morn?
    it looked like nice water to fish
  6. NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

Seattle,WA
    no fish to hand. me and Mitransplant hit up a couple spots but the tides were off today. I stopped by Purdy for a short bit on the way down but no fish there for me either.

I gotta stop wasting my time if the tides aren't in my favor, but being out was enough for me. better than sitting at home
  7. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    there is no wasted time fishing
  8. Dizane Coast to Coast

Bellevue, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Started fishing by my lonesome about 8:30 or 9:00. I was thinking the larger drop in the morning would fish best.

As it turned out, things were dead until the tide started flooding in. Around 2:00 or so a few fish started showing themselves here and there, and I was able to connect with 2 of them.

The bigger of the two took a glo fly I purchased from Gig Harbor Fly Shop as it was getting dark. Fish was a feeder. Saw him sip a few amphipods or euphasids off the surface and then missed him twice with a sculpin pattern before finally hooking up.

Overall kind of a slow day.
  9. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    nice looking fish!
  10. Zissou Intern New Member

Fidalgo Island
    Nice fish, Dizane. Thanks for sharing.
  11. hendersonbaylocal Member

Seattle WA
    fished the afternoon with a buddy down south. slept in and missed the tide. saw a few fish and had a couple hit but not much going on. nice day to be on the water though!