Searun Cutthroat Seminar

Discussion in 'Events' started by FishyBusiness, Sep 3, 2006.

1. FishyBusiness

FishyBusiness Member

Home Page:
    Clinic has been rescheduled
    The Date is no longer September 20, 2006
    It has been changed to October 4, 2006
    Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
    Cost: $20 pre-registration is required
    Where: Fishy Business
    2415 Harrison Ave.
    Olympia, WA 98502
    360-352-0383
    Click For Details

2. laivindil

laivindil Member

Dang! Love to go but Olympia is quite a drive for me. Anyone know of something like this but closer to the Redmond/Lynwood area?

3. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Heck, I think th money would be better spent toward buying a copy of Les Johnson's book, Fly Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout. (Only 10 bucks more, and you can keep referring to it). Then go out and fish!:p

4. Don Freeman

Don Freeman Free Man

Hey Jimbo,
    Do you remember the old SNL routines where Dan Akroyd would review books and movies he hadn't actually seen or read?
    I attended Mel Hurd's SRC class about 5 years ago, and I'm going to this one too. I still use the class handout booklet as a reference, and look forward to getting the new updated version. The information and techniques I learned made a dramatic difference in my success and enjoyment of fly fishing for sea runs. Not only does he give an informative presentation and hand out, but you can ask him questions, meet other anglers, and generate enthusiasm and confidence. Try doing that from a book.
    I own Les Johnson's newest book, and it is really good. But don't cheat yourself, you can't learn everything you want to know from any single source. No one has ALL the answers, so the more perspectives and input you get, the better cutthroat fisherman you'll be.

Open minds mean tight lines.