Searun Cutts

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by m00se, Feb 18, 2002.

1. m00se Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    i have never fished for src's before and want to give it a try. I live in the edmonds/lynnood area and i don't have a boat. What are some good places that i could try that are pretty close. thanks for the info.
  2. FishPirate New Member

Darrington, WA, USA.
    Moose,

Try Picnic Point or Meadowdale Park. Another good spot is Golden Gardens---a little bit South of you, but a worthy beach. I would also recommend trying any other beaches where you can get public access. Good luck.
    :THUMBSUP
  3. Randy Knapp Active Member

Warm Springs, Virginia, USA.
    I would concur. I was at Meadowdale the other day and saw but did not hook up with several cutts. I think they must be taking euphasids or something besides the streamers I was throwing.

Randy
  4. westie New Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    Hey Randy,

What are euphasids and how do you fish them and can you tye them yourself?

Thanks

Jeff :DUNNO
  5. callibaetis Guest

Westie,
    Check out the topic titled "South Sound Coho?" It is about seven or eight topics down on the forum page.
    Good Luck
    callibaetis
  6. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Euphasids are little shimp like creatures, and amphipods are little scud like creatures. You can represent both by tying white, pale green, tan and pale pink scuds on size 8-14 hooks.

Rob
  7. WCC fishing New Member

Bellingham, Washington, USA.
    Hey

I was wondering if anyone has ever fished for Searun cutts in the Bellingham area. Any information would be helpful.

tightlines