Seattle Area lakes

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by lx-88, Sep 13, 2005.

1. lx-88

lx-88 Member

Media:
    Looking for trout or active bluegill to use with my 3 weight. I guess I'm really looking for where to go and what to use. closer the better to seattle

2. Salvelinus

Salvelinus Member

Media:
    Rattlesnake Lake near North Bend would be a good one for trout. Bring a float tube or boat. I have always done well with nymphs and leeches trolled and stripped on an intermediate line. As for bluegill, I know Green Lake has them but I don't know about water clarity etc. at this time of year.

3. Willie Bodger

Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Media:
    I went to Green Lake a week and a half ago with my oldest and rowed around for a while with my oldest. When we first got on teh water, our rods weren't ready and as I was stringing them up fish were surfacing all around us. Then it stopped and we rowed elsewhere. Then we returned (with nary a bite) and saw a few more surfacing and finally saw the actual fish, large and golden.

Anyway, I didn't find any bluegill at Green Lake, but did find perch, pumpkinseeds and smallmouth at Lake Washington on Saturday.

4. wet line

wet line New Member

Lake Washington if you want to get into some nicer fish. The prerch should be starting to school up and the lake is known for big perch. Then there are the resident trout and some big ones are there to be found. Then there are the SRC's moving through and the silvers are open in the north end on the 16th.

With water temps going down the shorelines should start to produce at any time. There are some very obvious places to go if you look at a map.

Dave

5. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    The absolute best lake iv ever fished for bluegill is gissburg ponds, but thats pretty far from seattle. Lake Desire is decent. For trout rattlesnake lake and lost lake near snoqualmie pass.