Seattle Fly Fishing Rideshare?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Courtesy Flush, Nov 30, 2008.

1. I'm down for a meet & greet, too. Fairly new to West Seattle, so it'd be great to meet some other fishing folk...especially for ride shares. Maybe the Beveridge Place some night?
    I'm off to Montana this weekend, but any other time works great. I'm one of those 6.3% the Times was talking about, so plenty of time on my hands these days to look for fish, er, work.

2. Does thursday night work for anybody? M&T mentioned thursday at the Avid Angler, but I'd be willing to meet elsewhere if necessary.

Who's in?

Ben

3. Damn, can't do Thursday... and I've been looking for a reason to visit the Avid Angler. Saturday is the only day available for myself. After that, things get a little crazy for the holidays.

Maybe some of us can meet Thursday and others on Saturday at Lincoln Park/Beverage Place? Then after the New Year, we can get schedule further out to get everyone together?

~ CF

4. Im going to be at the Avid Angler at 6pm on Thursday. I will be the big guy (310 pounds) driving the blue chevy. My name is John.

I'm also willing to meet for some :beer1: on Saturday. Somebody pick the place and I will be there too. Nothing too loud my hearing is shot from years of concerts and duck hunting. :)

John

5. Alright!

Avid Angler at 6. I'll be in a brown toyota tundra. Maybe whoever shows up would be interested in some beers after the initial meet and greet. Anyone know of any place in that area?

I'll be out of town this weekend, so saturday won't work for me.

Ben

6. I have to work late tonight. Fellas, I will not be able to make it to Avid Angler anywhere near 6pm. Sorry if that changes anything. Its been one of those weeks at work.

Cheers,

7. Just wondering if anyone made it to the Avid Angler tonight? I was there, but didn't see anyone for the meet and greet. Just hoping that I didn't miss you if you did show. Let me know.

Ben

8. Now that the holidays are a distant memory and the chrome aren't exactly stacked up like cord wood on the Skagit, anyone want to make time to try and get a meet/greet or meet/drink going?

9. I'd like to hit the park too. I'm in West Seattle (Upper Alki). As for the rivers, most of the crappy ones I hit are closed. :D

I know see this thread is old and crusty, but I still think a Lincoln park fishing trip would be fun. Is this a good time to fish the park? Anyone know?

10. is there anyone way up north around mtvernon bellingham interested in a ride share? my cars a beater but i have gas money!

11. Decoy, what areas do you normally fish. I'm north of Seattle, (lynnwood) not quite as far north as you. I'm always looking for new places to swing some flies or someone to fish with.

12. i do the majority of my fishing close to home on the stillaguamish, skagit, sauk, or pilchuck creek or by my home away from home on the skookumchuck and deschutes near olympia. i shamefully admit i havent got to fish any of the eastside rivers nearly as much as i would have liked to, which im hoping to change this year.

13. BIG NEWS: Capitol Hill is getting a Rancho Bravo in the old KFC location on Pine!!!!!!!

14. whats a Rancho Bravo?

15. The ride share sounds like a fine idea.Having no car limits my outings but splitting the cost of gas is a great idea.Also a good way to others who like to drown flies. Anyone wants to go and hit the water let me know.

16. I was thinking about hitting up meadowdale or picnic point sometime this week, (haven't checked the tides yet) anyone interested?

17. Only the best place for Mexican in Seattle! It's an epic taco truck in Wallingford right now.

18. Sweet deal! Have to check it out. Since I've lived out here, I've yet to have found better than mediocre Mexican grub.

19. Do it! It's in the Winchell Donuts parking lot. (cash only)

20. Im over in the seattle area all summer, always looking for rides and somebody to share the times on the river with.