Seattle Fly Fishing Rideshare?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Courtesy Flush, Nov 30, 2008.

1. lylelovett666

lylelovett666 Active Member

I just realized that Ranch Bravo is the taco wagon around the corner from where I live in the Udist/Wallingford.Very good food.

2. Chris Puma

Chris Puma hates waking up early

There is also a pretty chill dive bar up the street from it where there serve beer in mason jars. It's next to the Afghan restaraunt (the one with the mural on the side of it).

3. ToddK

ToddK Member

I know this is an old thread however, I'm always looking for more River Bum's too fish with. I'm willing to fish all the time.

4. Here's an idea, why don't we try to get a meet/drink going at above mentioned beer-in-mason jar serving dive bar? Sounds like a couple of you live near there, and I'm not overly too far. pick a day and I'll likely be able to work it in to my schedule.

5. ToddK

ToddK Member

That sounds like a great idea. I'm in! :beer1:

6. Chris, what's the name of the bar you mentioned?

Thursday night work for anyone, I guess that's tomorrow?

7. Chris Puma

Looking into the name right now.

I'm down for Thursday.

8. Don Barton

Don Barton Member

I'm down for Thursday too.

9. Is it Al's Tavern?

Thursday @ 7?

10. Chris Puma

Yes! It's cash only fyi.

11. lylelovett666

$2.00 Olys on tap served in a mason jar.

12. Doesn't get much better, (or cheaper!)

I'll be there around 7

13. Chris Puma

I'm gonna grab a pint tomorrow too. The pool table in back is a small one. Great to play shoot a few games on those...

I wear a black north face softshell with a hood and a grey beanie. That's my winter outfit. Hah.

14. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush aka Sean

I'm going to try to make it as well and will be wearing something that pegs me as a fly fisher. Not sure what; need to do some laundry.

15. PT

PT Physhicist

A bunch of guys getting together on Capitol Hill for a beer or two and some Mexican....? Hmmmmmm, I'll pass.

16. I'll be wearing my avid angler hat, and blue fleece.

17. Haven't live in the area too long, but didn't realize that Capitol Hill and Wallingford/Meridian were the same thing. Learn something new every day

18. ToddK

ToddK Member

I'll be there. BTW i just had a few pork taco's at rancho. The line was long as well as the wait but, the food was fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation. :thumb: See you all tomorrow.

19. lylelovett666

Capitol Hill and Wallingford are several miles apart.It's like the burrows in NYcity,Bronx,Brooklyn,Queens,Staten Island and Manhattan.Seattle has Capitol Hill,Queen Ann,Wallingford/U District and west Seattle.Capital Hill and Wallingford are very different places.Wallingford is not known for all the gayness like The Hill.Not that there's anything wrong with that

20. I know, I just got a sense that PT was implying that we were all gonna be gay together in Capitol Hill. When first of all Al's is on 45th in Wallingford, not Capitol Hill, and second of all I'm pretty sure we are going to keep our pants zipped up except when taking a piss after drinking a few 2.00 Oly's

(Appreciate the willingness to straighten me out on the layout of the area, thanks!)