Seattle SRC

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Mike McCluskey, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Mike McCluskey Macker of the Clan Campbell

Great Falls, MT
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I spent Tuesday evening between Carkeek Park and Golden Gardens. Lots of people all around (none fishing), no fish.

Last night, I spent the evening at Lincoln Park. A friend was in town from Chicago and wanted to fish. We started at the far north end of the park, and then worked our way back to the point by the pool. About 7:30PM, and within 100 yards of the point, we started seeing an occasional fish jump. I was using a brightly colored sand lance, and cast right over a spot I had seen a fish jump....nada. Since it was still pretty bright, and I had been fishing the sand lance for some time, I switched to a marabou eel, and cast to the same spot. Splash, two strips and Bam!....fish on. After a short fight, I quickly released what I estimated to be a 16" SRC.

Over the next hour, I caught and released 3 more SRC ranging from 8" to 14", and two non-targeted smaller salmon. My Chicago friend was skunked, but I think he had more fun with the several strikes he had, once nearly throwing the rod backwards out of his hands.

After packing up and finishing, we went to Pyramid for beers and dinner. He said he had once thought I was crazy for staying in Seattle when the real Finance world is in Chicago and NYC, but now he realizes why I have stayed out here.

All in all a great couple of days

Macker
  2. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +649 / 0
    Of course if you had gone to New York City, you could be catching BIG striped bass around Mnahattan by now too.
    I loved your urban adventure story. :thumb:
  3. salt dog card shark

Edmonds WA / Mazama
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Good on ya Macker, salt water trout is the way to show a visitor the neighborhood.
  4. Jeff_e_d Member

Snohomish, WA, USA.
    I wonder if the home river for those fish is the Green up through the shipyard in Elliot Bay?
  5. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    No kidding... We saw some chasing bunker right in front of JFK that must have been pushing 35 pounds.
  6. Dan Soltau New Member

Bozeland, MT - Raleigh, NC
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    ridiculous
  7. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    It's true; Jamaica Bay is full of them.
  8. Brian Bennett Because We All Live Downstream

Federal Way, WA, US.
    The crew from Angling Exploration could do an urban chapter of the Trout Bum Diaries. Peacock in the FLA canals, stripahs in Manhattan, SRCs in Seattle, golf course bass and carp.
  9. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Obviously unemployed. :hmmm:
  10. Brian Bennett Because We All Live Downstream

Federal Way, WA, US.
    Backyard Koi Ponds!