Secret creek

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by WA-Fly, Jul 9, 2012.

1. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +37 / 0
    I had an Awesome day fishing my new favorite spot a creek loaded with cutthroat and small steelhead probably jacks, nymhing produced nothing yesterday and nothing today but wooly buggers and dries did great one hint it is a tributary of the skykomish river
  2. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    pointless
    Kcahill likes this.
  3. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +678 / 2
    If it has small steelhead in it, you are almost certainly fishing closed waters. Are you sure it is listed as open in the WDFW regulations? If it is a Puget Sound stream and is not explicitly listed as open, then it's closed.
  4. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +897 / 1
    I see you were looking for creeks in late 2011. If your secret creek is named in the westside creeks and rivers section of the regs you are good to go. If it isn't listed by name there it's closed. Creek fishing on the westside got tightened up last year. Just a heads up.
  5. dflett68 Active Member

snohomish
    Ratings: +179 / 0
    i think the one he's talking about is open above a waterfall and closed below. 'course he must have been fishing below if it's got steelhead smolts.
  6. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +37 / 0
    its a legal place to fish I made sure of that before I started fishing it
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,412 / 0
    You want a secret creek. Do a search on my name and I'm sure you will come up with some secret places. They were all good to me.
    Brookie_Hunter likes this.
  8. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +897 / 1
    Then you are good to go. I didn't want to see you get caught what with the new rule on westside streams.
  9. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +255 / 2
    I also have a secret creek I like to fish, it is the prettiest place on earth. The fish are all 20"+ and will take dry flies all day long, all of the other fisherman I see there are women in bikinis, and there are almost always unicorns frolicking on the shore. One hint it is a tributary of the Columbia, hope to see you out there.

Here is an image i took, i made sure the GPS function was turned off.

[IMG]
  10. rory Go Outside

Maple Leaf, WA
    Ratings: +148 / 0
    Proper punctuation and capitalization are amazing. Almost as amazing as fishing perfect places and telling people about it online.
    Dan Cuomo likes this.
  11. Travis Bille Active Member

McKinleyville, CA
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    That second sentence is technically a fragment.
    Dehlan G likes this.
  12. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I have mentioned places here on line. If it was all easy to get to, there would be people there all the time. If there is a little work getting to some spots, no amount of work is going to get to many people there.

And one the other hand if I told somebody about a good spot they would got there and fish it out. This happened to me one time. I found out if I mention a spot here, they all think it is bogus and don't go there.
  13. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Technically, it is a fragment. But if he did it for dramatic effect as appears to be the case, it's acceptable.
  14. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,175 / 1
    You are just throwing us a curveball with this picture. Everyone knows that any place that has a unicorn without a rainbow isn't your secret creek.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  15. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Maybe his secret creek is always cloudy and calm in order to maximize baetis hatches.
    Kcahill likes this.
  16. rory Go Outside

Maple Leaf, WA
    Ratings: +148 / 0
    Sentence structure is the next step. Proper capitalization and punctuation are the beginning. I haven't touched on spelling, yet.
  17. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +255 / 2
    I was going to put one up with a rainbow but my combination of google search words to find a picture with a unicorn\rainbow\etc. led me to discover that some people like to dress up as ponys\unicorns\furrys and do the dirty. I cant explain why but I am a little intrigued...

I am not sure what bearing this has on the current conversation but felt it should be included.
    orangeradish, Patrick Gould and rory like this.
  18. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +157 / 0
    I think I've explored more little blue lines based on OMJ tidbits than just about anything else. He's put a wealth of info on this forum if you're willing to dig for it. Fortunately everybody just ignores the old man for the most part, so many of these spots stay under the radar. :p
  19. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    If you are trying to take us all to skool. Your just preaching to the Choir. If they are dumb now they will just stay dumb.
  20. Dan Cuomo Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +52 / 0
    On the issues of grammer and usage... I expescially used to care about that stuff alot when I came acrost it but its a mute point now supposeably.