Secret lakes I have fished

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    It's the one with the gorgeous lady drinking from the tall glass of red wine that tans in the summer wearing the white sundress.
    Islander likes this.
  2. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Ha! I knew I'd get you to rise to that! :D
    Doesn't help any, since I start fishing there in Oct and quit fishing there when the "opener" happens in the end of April. Never seen anything like that. During the times I'm usually there, if she's there at all, she'd be inside by the fire, all cozy with her glass of wine.

3. Drifter Active Member

Ratings: +649 / 2
    Coldwater, Merrill, Goose used to be good 10 years ago.

There are two lakes above trout lake on the Indian res. that I need to hit that are pretty secret with big fish!

Will learn Buelah this spring and consider it kinda secret since it is so far from any major towns in eastern Oregon. It also has native rainbows to large size with plants added and many 20 inch and above rainbows!

UNITY and MALHUER, are not that secret but fish very well in the spring with flies!
    Tyler Sadowski likes this.
  4. Bartfly New Member

Washougal, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Mark, you could probably consider the lakes in the Oregon Fishing Club secret. It was rare to see anyone else fishing them, but it is members only. You also caught a golden trout there.
    Mark Kraniger likes this.
  5. Caveman Member

N/A
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    ah wait, did someone mention pass and lone?
  6. Caveman Member

N/A
    Thats right they did........
  7. jimmydub Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    If this is the same Caveman I've seen posting on the High Lakes site, you have some awesome secret lakes!

If not, there are two bags missing cats.
  8. Caveman Member

N/A
    Yes,
    Yes and thank you.
  9. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,036 / 1
    Is this the Hi-Laker site? I used to be a member in my skinnier days.

And if it is I want to add another "secret" lake. Cuitan Lake up off French Ridge in the Icicle. I think it's called French Ridge. We went there in the mid-90's and the hike out was in 105 degree weather.
  10. TonyZ Member

Vancouver, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Mid 90s, in the GPNF, up trail 31 several miles, hang a right at the fork by the blackberries and wild strawberry flats, east a couple more miles, cross two springs, and there you are, an almost untouched lake fed by a small spring, steep approach, float tube required. Oh yah, that one had no fish, but I fished the hell out of it for half a day. I loved those hit and miss exploratory days.
  11. Tom Bowden Active Member

Black Diamond, WA
    Ratings: +74 / 3
    Lake Sturtevant. It's so secret that only those of us who lived in Bellevue in the 1960's remember it!

This was a great little lake for bass and perch in the 1960's and early 1970's, before they "developed" the land around the lake. They renamed it "Lake Bellevue," and it now looks like a man-made pond. I doubt there are any fish today, but it brings back memories whenever I drive by the old access off Bell-Red Road.

Tom
  12. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    There is a great "secret lake" in Deception Pass State Park that only get pressure during the summer months. The rest of the year can be stellar.
  13. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Ratings: +364 / 0
    Trophy Lake Golf Course.

But please....no denim allowed.

:D
  14. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    But my Tweed is at the dry cleaners.
  15. Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +153 / 0
    Yeah right. I was thinking the same thing.

I've fished Bonnie Lake once. Don't think many here could say that.
  16. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,036 / 1
    I'm going to be at a "secret lake" on March 1st.