Seep Lakes Report weekend of May 15-16...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Ulfinator, May 17, 2004.

1. Ulfinator New Member

Kent, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    I just thought you guys might want a report on what was going on out in the Seep Lakes...

We started fishing Saturday at 9am (I know but the guys I will were really laid back. If I had a choice, and a car for that matter, I woul have been on the water earlier) at Lower Hampton Lake. I had a 13' Rainbow on a green bodies, black tail and hackle wolly bugger early on. Nothing for a while so went up to Upper Hampton and got some bumps but that was about it. Ended up going back down to Lower Hampton in the early afternoon and found it completly empty. That is when the action started. I was getting fish regularly on a Brown beadhead wolly bugger and would have landed more if I had not been inept at my clinch nots. Landed four rainbow, lost five others (DOH!) and caught one Sculpin at 2.5 inches long.

http://mbgnet.mobot.org/fresh/slide/pict/45.htm

That was the weirdest thing ever!

Sunday we got a late start again, walking back to North Windmill Lake. I had absolutly now hits on what I had left in my box having lost all my brown wolleys the day before. My buddy was trolling a spinner from an canoe and came up with a nice 18' rainbow though. Guess he deserved that after carrying the canow back there!

Other than the fact that it was supposed to be nice over there (upper 70s/lower 80s) and turned out to be in the 50s/60s and raining most of the time it was a pretty good trip.