Sekiu report?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by CaddisMadness, Sep 14, 2005.

1. CaddisMadness

CaddisMadness Fly Fishing in Patagonia: A Trout Bum's Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    Has anyone fished or heard any reports from Seiku recently? I'm thinking about going out there this weekend but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the drive & boat rental. Any help would be appreciated.

2. liveblues

liveblues Member

Did you ever get to Sekiu? Plan to go there soon.. have small boat .. flyfish/ gear fish.. interested? send reply asap.

3. Skeena88

Skeena88 Member

Did anyone go out last week? I'm headed out there tomorrow. I heard secondhand that some big ocean silvers were being caught and the WDFW report shows about a coho per angler last week, but don't have any first hand reports. I think it is the Sekui derby this weekend so it may be busy. We usually camp out at Olsen's up by the trailer storage area on the hill to the west of the office.

4. CaddisMadness

CaddisMadness Fly Fishing in Patagonia: A Trout Bum's Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    It's been unusually slow from the accounts i've heard. Probably still worth the trip though.

5. Brian Scott

Brian Scott Member

Fished Sekiu Friday and Saturday because of the good reports in the paper and on the net. In short, it was a bust. We got into a few bucktailing and casting Friday morning, as well as a few more on downriggers later in the day as a last resort to fill the freezer. Saturday morning was very flat and the consensus on the dock was that fishing was poor. Guess we missed the lastest push of fish...oh well, at least the weather was nice.

6. Skeena88

Skeena88 Member

We had much the same experience on Friday and Saturday. Went to cone head flies and fast sinking tips and dredged some fish up from 60 to 90 feet, but it was one of the slowest weekends I have ever sen out there for flies. Even the bait guys were having a hard time on Saturday. We got a couple of nice fish on Friday, one over 15lbs that would have put us in the derby money had we caught it Saturday, but surface fish were few and far between.