SF Fugly Packer

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Eyejuggler, May 22, 2013.

1. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Ratings: +339 / 0
    I did a search in the forums and must have missed it or there isn't a reference.
    I am shifting my gears from SRC to Bass flies, surface and streamers. I got some great tips from Justin at GHFS and have begun some projects.
    Spinning hair has been a topic in the forums and alot of good info can be found. Regarding a tool...the SF Fugly Packer...anyone familiar or have another tool or creative idea for the same effect. I don't mind dropping some cash as it looks like a solid unit. My spinning projects have been less than tight and this looks like it might be a good ticket.
    Having alot of fun with stillwater and the options just keep coming.
    Cheers
    Dave

[IMG]
  2. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +507 / 0
    I just read some posts on fly tying forum http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=68935 and it seems everyone there is pretty impressed with it.

I'm terrible at spinning hair, well not super terrible but certainly not good... maybe it's because I have *no tools* for packing the hair. This has me curious.
    Eyejuggler likes this.
  3. Bugsy Member

California
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Hi Dave,
    Pat is offering this product in both standard and "Jr" sizes now. I received my Fugly Jr just a few days ago. It's very slightly smaller than the standard, still a sizable tool at about an inch shorter (~5 vs 6") but otherwise similar. Hefty tool that I can't imagine damaging. I've had a chance to play with it a bit but can fairly say it should become a favorite tool of mine.
    Eric
    Eyejuggler likes this.
  4. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Ratings: +339 / 0
    I just ordered the 2 pack, JR and regular. I have enough positive info that I went and pulled the trigger. I can see myself getting obsessive with this so I may as well commit to the best tools :)
    Thanks Bugsy!