Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

SF Stilly

585 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
I'm going to be camping this weekend with some non-flyfisher folk around Gold Basin. Anyone have any FF experience in that area? I know it's regulated differently, but can I expect to find the same fish in the SF as I would on the NF Stilly (i.e. SRC, Summer steelies)? I'll post a report on Monday.

Thanks!! :THUMBSUP

#2 ·
went to the sf of the stilly a few weeks back. Lots of little ones, saw a few big ones. There are some good spots right next to the road. Thier is a big pool by the road on a big sweeping left hand turn, you can't miss it. Also try by Redbridge, it has some good access. I only saw one big one hooked and lost, but I wasn't fishing that hard. I was busy hiking and drinking for the most part. Lot's of good trails up there. big 4 ice caves was easy and cool. :THUMBSUP YT

#3 ·
What do I know---I'm just an old man

This is one of my favorite rivers being that it is close to home. I find the best fishing from about Red Bridge and up river. This time of the year is good for Stimulators and a few caddis. There won't be many biting insects around but the deer flies will leave you with bites that you don't want,so carry some repellent with you.

Was going to go out today, but got into a fight with a curb yesterday in which the curb won. Third time I fell this year,I must be a klutz. Now my casting arm is to sore to do it.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.