SFR 12/6/12 Gay Weed

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Go Fish, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +114 / 0
    It seems these consecutive sentences are contradictory. Are you high?
    Salmo_g, Matthew Kaphan, smc and 2 others like this.
  2. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +316 / 0
    People can be recreational smoker and stellar employees. The rare instances that I see work being impacted by high workers are employers that tolerate that kind of stuff. I'd venture that better than 90% of people that smoke don't go to work high. The law didn't make it illegal to fire employees for being high, just like its not illegal to fire someone for coming to work drunk. I don't think the legalization of marijuana will change the workplace at all, other than more people admitting they smoke in the evening or weekends.
    mtskibum16 and Flyborg like this.
  3. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +567 / 0
    Just like it does for all those raging drunks we have to deal with at work every day...
    Bothellfisher likes this.
  4. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Ratings: +344 / 16
    I see the thread posts now... WTT 10 weed plants for Sage Z-Axis 590-4.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  5. Jeff Sawyer New to Washington...

Tacoma WA
    Ratings: +174 / 0
    Maybe gay folks feel like they have been supporting your life style through the taxes they pay for a long time. As far as I know there's no tax credit for being gay. I'm sure if there was Mitt Romney would be waiving a rainbow flag and dancing in every pride parade from here to the Cayman Islands.
  6. Stewart Skunk Happens

Spokane
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    While I suspect most Washingtonians have nothing to fear from the long arm of the federal authorities, any enterpeneurs contemplating being a part of this industry want to pay really close attention to Title 26 USC ยง 280E - Expenditures in connection with the illegal sale of drugs. The IRS is playing hardball at the moment http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony...es-war-with-the-medicinal-marijuana-industry/
  7. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    It's still perfectly legal for employers to drug sceen employees. Also, the feds are going to crack down on the growers that supply the shops, just like they are doing now with the medical growers. This law didn't legalize weed, all it did was give the feds a nice neat spreadsheet of all the major growers in the state that try to go legal. Beats the hell out of searching through power and water bill records or flying airplanes with IF equipped cameras.

Anyone buying weed from the state shops with a credit/debit card will be databased. Anyone know if a warrant is needed to pull this data? If it isn't and you are in the State POS database....drive a car registered in your name and commit a traffic infraction and see what happens.
  8. bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Snohomish, WA
    Ratings: +213 / 1
    Leave it to Washington State to pass a law that still requires you to break the law in order to participate in the activity that was just legalized. Brilliant!!!!
  9. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    Every DWI for drink generates $5K + per conviction for the state and participating private sector entities. They just more than doubled market share.
  10. dfl Active Member

Sequim WA
    Ratings: +126 / 0
    How about two new subfora- one for NFRs and one for political issues. Mods can move any misplaced threads to the proper forum and life will be sweet and gentle again.
  11. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +371 / 0
    I must say, most of you are pretty awesome, and I'd totally marry you if I were gay.

For the rest--I'd have to get really high first, then stay really high for the entire marriage to make it work.
  12. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +570 / 0
    You can't grow it. You can't sell it. I've been outside all day waiting for some to fall out of the sky so I could partake in a legal activity. All I caught was a cold...
    Steffan Brown and Flyborg like this.
  13. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    The best legal activity always starts with a little illegal activity.
  14. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +365 / 0
    ....wow
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,224 / 9
    Rob, if by poly you mean polygamy then that would require a tax process alteration. Two dudes, married, file jointly or as individuals, whichever they prefer. Two ladies, married, file jointly or as individuals, whichever they prefer. One dude and one lady, married, file jointly or as individuals, whichever they prefer. All the same today as it has been forever to the IRS.

One polygamist (and I'm wagering you think that the polygamist has to be a dude) and two, three, thirty spouses (with gay marriage rights of any sex or combo of the sexes)...totally different tax structure based on a household earning variable not accounted for in IRS tax law.

Not the same. You don't make sense to me, and for the record, I'm not gay, not a pot smoker or scared of those that are so long as they are following the laws of the state of my chosen residency.
  16. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +114 / 0
    Where does it stop? Should we be able to marry a horse? Or a child? How about a blender? You people make me sick.

Edit: better throw this on here just in case...;)
  17. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +301 / 0
    Not sure you can marry a horse, but I hear you can consummate your bond with Mr Ed in Enumtucky..
    The Duke and GAT like this.
  18. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,111 / 0
    :D:D
    A horse is a horse, of course.

(And no, he wasn't really a zebra)
  19. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    If I could find a steelhead that really stole my heart (or any steelhead), I would like to marry it.

Right after taking gnarly bong rips together--with a nice water pipe of course.
  20. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,111 / 0
    Personally, I don't care what you do as long as it has no definite negative effect on anyone else. As my Dad used to say "each to their own".

If gays really want to be legally married, I hope they realize they are opening themselves for a fight in court to get a divorce. Doesn't have any effect on me one way or the other.

You want to smoke weed in the privacy of your home and put no one else in harms way, go ahead on. It's none of my concern.