SFR-Bigfoot among us?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jeff Hale, May 21, 2009.

1. Trent

Trent Ugly member

That is what I've heard. I have ran into a couple of guys that hunt them, here and there. They all said Sasquatch stank, and that is how you are able to tell the difference between a clump of bear hair in the brush vs. a Sasquatch.

2. CoastalCutt

CoastalCutt Member

Media:
    If any Rainforest Gorilla ever sees me, I'll be the last thing it sees, because I'd put a few pieces of lead in his ass.

3. Ben Waldschmidt

Ben Waldschmidt Member

Man hunting bigfoot has got to be the next craziest thing to fishing for winter steelhead. Going out knowing that the query you are after is likely not going to show itself. Once I hook a steelhead, Bigfoot is going down:thumb:

4. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Media:
    Home Page:
    He's real.

Sox win 5-1,
    cds

5. Gorgefly

Gorgefly Member

Media:
    most definitely....nice guy too.

6. Jeff Hale

Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Media:
    Charles-

That is the 2nd time you've said, "He's real". I bet there is a story behind that. Want to share? I am very curious. How about a PM if you do not want to share it over the net? Jeff

Oh, and Corsetti, I believe they smell no worse than Colby, so we shouldn't be too offended by it.

7. Connor H

Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Media:
    I think that there is alot of flippin' woods around the world for an "extinct" creature to hide. Maybe the Northwest would do just fine! I wonder what it actually eats?

8. Ben Waldschmidt

Ben Waldschmidt Member

Puppies. Actually I read on one of those bigfoot sites that someone saw/heard one diving in the Kalama chasing salmon

9. Gorgefly

Gorgefly Member

Media:
    Wouldn't surprise me...I do know they like tuna salad.

10. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Active Member

Media:
    BF was gainfully employed by the Sonics at one time.

11. Trent

Trent Ugly member

I hear Bigfoot is a steller guitar player, he even opened up his own music shop in Smokey Point.

12. cwbraue

cwbraue Member

Media:
    When I was camping by myself at Trapper lake I heard these heavy thumping footsteps come through my camp- I was certain it was bigfoot. So I grabbed my flashlight and knife and jumped out of the tent, and it was a deer.

The ground there is kind of hollowed out underneath from the lake and I guess that made the deers footsteps echo or something and sound loud and boomy.

It's pretty funny, but I was scared to death at the time.

13. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

I came across that a couple of months ago: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7382. I have fished that spot before. It kind of made me chuckle when I read the report.

14. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Media:
    16wt and a bannana fly should do the trick. prob wanna suspend it under a thingamabobber though.

15. riseform

riseform Active Member

Media:
    wasn't he recently spotted in Montana?
    [​IMG]

16. Ned Wright

Ned Wright New Member

Media:
    Look at your washington state gazettier. Very near to Mt St Helens you will see a bigfoot icon. Not explained in the legend, but go there!!!! You will not be disappointed!

17. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Media:
    I've heard Bigfoot fishes the Beginner's Hole on the Kalama at night sometimes.

18. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I remember when the bigfoot movie came out in the 70's. There were so many sightings in the Puget Sound region it wasn't funny. Remember someone seeing one going through Fife Heights. Even damaged a stop sign going through. But funny how when the hype of the movie was over, so were the sightings.

Is there a bigfoot? Probably. I doubt it'll smell. Sure it cleans itself like any other animal out in the wild.

Would be interesting if you ran into one. I have this feeling it'll be the type to turn and run then confront you. If they were the type to confront you, I think we'd have seen one by now.

19. Jim Corsetti

Jim Corsetti H20 - the elixir of life

Bear stink, deer stink, a bigfoot has got to stink. I'd doubt a close encouter report if they never describe their stink.

Imagine this. Wet PNW air hangs low and all the salal along the trail is moist. Your dawn walk through the woods is gray and serene. Your pace is quick because you're excited to get to the river. The coffee has kicked in, and so has your other vices. It's all good.

You come to a lower point in the trail. Root balls of doug fir visible on the sides of the trail, and puddles collect here on the forest floor. You begin to realize a smell that you can't quite pinpoint, something that catches your attention because of it's unfamiliar nature. It's not quite that dank, sweet soil smell that you smell just before you walk into a bear. Your pace slows because your sense tells you to be concerned. You abruptly stop, and look around and think to yourself, "What the hell is that smell?"

You slowly step forward along the trail, keeping all your senses alert, and scanning all around. Within the first ten feet of your heightened state, the brush to the right of the trail explodes with movement. You catch your breath and jump back, suddenly frozen. Something is busting brush at an alarming rate as it moves rapidly up the slope to your right and away from you. It's large, and hairy, and moving fast. As it alomst crests the hill it suddenly stops and wheels around on hind legs. It's human-like, and ape-like. Amid the thin trunks of the evergreens, the knee high brush, and the morning mist, you swear that at seventy yards there is an animal staring at you. Through the thin trunks, at the one and only spot you think anything can see you amid the maze of vegetation, you catch your breath. There's something, it's something... and it's eyes are focused directly on you. You think you see it smile and guffaw at the same time, and then it does something that you can't believe. It raises an arm, and raises a digit in your direction. It's not beckoning you to come closer. No, you gasp as you realize what it was doing just before it suddenly disappears. Nothing. Gone.

You think it must have crested the hill and disappeared over the other side. You start stumbling, running, thinking in a panicked state. "Don't run, don't run... you'll be prey. Slow down. Jesus, oh man." Before you know it you burst out of the woods and almost land headlong on the dry river rock. You scramble to your feet clanking around on the rocks a scared clumsy oaf. You continue on your way hurriedly, and noisely moving across the rocks some fifty yards more until get to a washed down tree trunk, weathered by the river. You turn around to face the direction you came from, and sit down on the river swept tree. You reach inside your jacket for your flask. You realize and actually voice out loud as you keep your gaze on the direction you just came, "That SOB was flippin' me off!"

Imagine that.

20. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Media:
    Deer liver is their favorite snack.

Flyfishermen livers are a bit further down the list..................