SFR: Camp Stove recomendations?

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by jcalderon, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Rod Sand Member

Tacoma Wa.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Good god almighty Jerry you looking for another friend?
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +652 / 5
    LOL Rod.

Well, I'm hoping next Hoh get together I can make it to this time. I would've brought most of this to that. And if we have a dry falls event, I'll load it up too.
  3. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +220 / 1
    Very impressive Jerry! (And I thought I had a lot stuff!)
  4. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +603 / 0
    Looks better than the kitchen in my house . . .
  5. Lots cleaner than my kitchen.
  6. I just bought the weekender two burner model. And also the grill box that fits over one burner. I plan on trying out the grill box this weekend, just in the backyard to see how it works. Plan on getting the griddle too, and maybe a dutch oven. Nice well built stuff.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    I love my weekender. I just don't use it alot. I literally leave it in my camper most of the time. It's my extra stove for those camping trips that I don't want to take everything and know only a couple of us are going. I need to re outfit it with a few things. I mostly used older gear (non camp chef) I had laying around. Now gonna buy the griddle and a box for it to leave in my camper.
  8. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Charcoal, a chimney, and a couple dutch ovens... That's my pick.
  9. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    I use those too. Just not as much as I used to. Alot of times I'll make dessert or the muffins/biscuits in the DO while I was cooking the rest on the big grills. But I used to do alot of DO cooking.