SFR Camping on the Yakima

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by RyanK, Sep 12, 2007.

1. RyanK Member

Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Can any one give me any information on camping on the Yak? My friend and I are heading over there this weekend and planning on taking my boat and his camping trailer. I have seen the Umptanum BLM site but can you camp there? Are there any other places to camp on the Yak with a trailer?

Any help would be appreciated. Also if you have fish the Yak lately any info would be a big help as well.

Thanks
    Ryan
  2. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +448 / 1
    Yakima River RV Park off the Ringer Loop Road is a private, place. Clean, reasonable and...secure.
  3. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +115 / 0
    There's a KOA campground beside the river at the first Ellensburg exit coming from the west. In addition to the Ringer Road private ranchsite, you can camp at Umtanum (probably more room for a trailer) and at another BLM site with an unpronounceable name about ten miles south; both $5/day.
  4. ewhitaker75 Member

North Ellensburg
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Lmuma
  5. nb_ken Member

North Bend, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    A little farther down from Lmuma is Big Pines (AKA the Slab). Camping available there. None of the BLM sites have any kind of hookups or facilities. For your $5 you get a picnic table, fire pit and a piece of relatively flat dirt. I call that a bargain.
  6. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Red's may still be offering camping before they tear up the ground for the new lodge