SFR - Canoe rentals?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Kent Lufkin, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    A friend is a co-scoutmaster of a Boy Scout troop that's planning a week-long canoe trip on Ross Lake this summer. Anyone know of places where he might rent 6-8 canoes for the week?

TIA,

K
  2. Jason Trout Bum

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  3. Bob Martin Member

Woodinville, Washington
    Kent,

Check out Sportees in Redmond. I think they used to rent canoes .
  4. Kalm Member

Cheney, The Dry Side
    REI rents canoes and kayaks for reasonable prices and discounts for members. I would also try local universities, especially if they have an outdoor rec. program or club. I know EWU over here has rentals, so maybe try WWU.
  5. Roger Stephens Active Member

Ratings: +297 / 0
    Kent:

Pacific Water Sports(16055 Pacific Highway South, Seattle)((206) 246-9385) a couple of miles north of Sea-Tac airport. Good quality canoe rentals and customer service.
  6. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    Backpackers supply in tacoma, 253-472-4402 has rentals, one week for $149.
  7. cmtundra New Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    If you've got a military, or military retiree involved, they can rent them very reasonably at the Fort Lewis Northwest Adventure Center (AKA "Outdoor Rec"). Just about any military reservation will have some kind of outdoor recreation rentals.
  8. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    Thanks for all your helpful replies. I've sent my friend a link to this thread so he'll be able to monitor your suggestions.

K
  9. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +644 / 0
    I know you said canoes, but call Dana Boetcher at "Swiftwater" anyway. If he cant help you no one can. Great guy.
  10. River Rat member

Aberdeen
    You can also rent them right at the Ross Lake resort and not have to haul them to the lake or up and around the Dam.

http://www.http://www.rosslakeresort.com/rates.html

Also, unless it has been recently resurected Pacific Water Sports is out of bussiness bawling:
  11. Chris Stokesbary Member

Issaquah, WA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    If I remember right...the canoes at the resort are the alum type. Not what you want for a long trip if you can find better.

The portage around the dam isn't bad, but depending on the weather I'd make it an early day in and out to keep from fighting the afternoon wind through that spot.

I spent a week on Ross in August in a canoe...great trip.