SFR: If incompetent state legislature doesn't enact a budget by 7/1....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dan Nelson, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +539 / 0
    Ed, you make a good point. Most of us would follow the regulations anyway, whether or not there was any enforcement presence.

I always get a kick out of the locals I meet on the rivers here, who ask if I'd seen the game warden cruising in the area. As if that should make any difference in the way I'm fishing.
    I keep telling folks here that if they just follow the regs, then they'll never have to even wonder about the game warden.
    I think some people just like to play that game.
    WonkyWapiti and Kent Lufkin like this.
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    If WDFW would like, I will wear a WDFW costume and sidearm while fishing. Pretty sure all previously publicized rules and regs would be followed. If recreational anglers are out of the game, all harvest will still happen under our co-manager agreements, right? Maybe for a small fee those interested could get a special permit stamp on our WDFW licenses, endorsing us as limited partners with our co-managing sovereign nations.
    bigdood and Jonathan Tachell like this.
  3. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    I mentioned this situation to some locals who work in the "seafood industry" here and one of them said he believes that the idiots in Oly wouldn't dare to fail to enact a budget and interrupt our life blood out here.
    If our elected reps and senators fail to come to a budget agreement, they would have no place to hide. Get a rope!

Grays Harbor County depends on both commercial and sport fishing, related tourist services, and seafood processing for a good portion of its revenue, and currently has the highest unemployment rate in the state of WA.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ha! My annual Discover Pass is good thru July 1st. If they shut everything down, I'll know in time to avoid paying $30 for a new one. Why buy one if its not good for anything?
    I have my lifetime multi-agency Sr pass for National Parks and National Forests, etc.
    I'll just fish in the National Parks. I have a huge "bucket list" of places in various Nat'l Parks I need to visit and fish. I won't even need a WA fishing license until the idiots in Oly wise up and pass a budget.

Maybe its time to go visit Old Man!:confused:
  5. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,729 / 0
    Let us know how that works out for you.
    Flyborg and Chris Bellows like this.
  6. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +704 / 1
    As predicted, just a bunch of BS posturing and scare tactics. Not wanting to reveal the truth about what wouldn't have really happened, the miracle deals are struck at the 11th hour. Now they, like the rest of us they represent, can roll up their collective sleeves and figure out creative ways to stretch the budget.