SFR: Music

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mark Bové, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Hillbilly Redneck wishin i was fishin

Whitehorse Mt.
    Ratings: +81 / 0
  2. SteelieD Non Member

In a van down by the river
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Amen. The Clash, it always seems to come back to The Clash.
  3. Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    For me, it's London Calling and earlier only. :thumb:

Anybody remember the Boomtown Rats? They started about the same time as the Clash. I got their first four albums on vinyl.
  4. Jon Borcherding New Member

Tacoma, WA
    Whoops!:eek:
    I stand corrected.
    I guess my fave Wilco tune must be "Misunderstood".
    I reeeealy like Lucinda Williams too. Another fave from the "hapless addicted tramps with great voices" gang would be Amy Winehouse.
    Do you listen to Grant Lee Buffalo at all?

JonB
  5. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I love them, Bob Geldof was amazing.
  6. Randall Clark Active Member

Orygun
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    For me, nothing can really beat the good old classic Metallica...Master & before. Lately I've been listening to a ton of System of a Down.

I would have to say though, that the majority of the time on my way to and from the Deschutes, I'll throw in a mix that is basically just Jimi Hendrix & The Doors...

~Randy
  7. Randall Clark Active Member

Orygun
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    how could I forget Godsmack?

I love the band, just don't listen to them much while going fishing...
  8. SteelieD Non Member

In a van down by the river
    He did an awesome Roger Waters.
  9. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    If you're talking about Bob Geldof in The Wall, he was playing a character named Pink who was loosely based on Syd Barrett - the original lead singer/guitar player of Pink Floyd. Sorry, I'm a bit of a Pink Floyd nut.
  10. jasmillo Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    I tend to like hip hop and classic rock with a few songs from other genres thrown in. It's what I listened to growing up and what my parents listened to around the house- go figure.

Usually I listen to my Ipod on road trips if I'm listening to music:

Zeppelin, Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, The Who, Doors, Gangstar, Rolling Stones, Slick Rick, Bob Marley, Green Day, Nirvana, Tupac, Fleetwood Mac, Nas, Pink Floyd, etc.

Otherwise I listen to XM, usually XM ch. 202 especially if Ron and Fez are on. Opie and Anthony are on that station most of the time and are good as well but Ron Bennington has got to be the funniest motherf.... on the radio!
  11. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    Oh ya Uncle Tup !! "I got drunk and I fell down" No there is a line brothers. Can I get an big Amen !!!
  12. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I was hoping someone would mention Uncle Tupelo, no depression baby.

Lately its been alot of string cheese, Old Crow, and some Tribe to get my swing on.
  13. greyghost Member

Coastal Rivers, OR
    I've got a few Uncle Tupelo boots from '90-94 that get a lot of play.

Jon,
    I never got big into Grant Lee Buffalo, but I'll check 'em out again.

Anybody, a Greg Brown fan?

Pete
  14. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0

Oh, man, this is my kind of music - screaming guitar. Dave, you're welcome in my rig any time.

Joe Satriani rules. Steve Vai - impossible guitar parts and strat abuse. Who needs caffeinated coffee when this stuff is played at ear splitting levels? :thumb:
  15. rodeo11 Meat chucker

MT
    The darkest and most brutal band, Dethklok.
  16. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +373 / 1
    It depends on my mood. Sometimes I like to crank up some rockin' class Monkees, but sometimes I just like to enjoy the soothing sounds of Zamfir. After all, he IS the master of the pan flute. That kind of talent demands RESPECT gotdammit!
  17. longjohn Member

bothell, washington
    before my truck was broken into and my stereo stolen it was...

Guns up!, No Warning, Mental, Champion, Dilated Peoples, Gorilla Biscuits, Have Heart, U2 ( the joshua tree) 3 Inches of Blood, Despised Icon, and lots of other annoying bands that begin with X's
  18. Brian James New Member

Finally. Someone with decent taste.

Bummer about the truck. Fuck thieves.
  19. Jeff White Member

East Wenatchee
    Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Drive By Truckers, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphy's, Lyle Lovett, Steve Earle, The Jayhawks, The Gourds, and I just stumbled onto Lucero, they sound a bit like the Truckers.
  20. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,622 / 2
    since i'm bored i feel like elaborating. working in the music industry really broadened my music tastes. And for some reason I feel the need to categorize all of it

Punk/Hardcore: Bad Religion, Anti Flag, The Unseen, Bars, Misfits, H20, Pennywise, The Casualties, The Exploited, Rise Against, Social Distortion

Metal: Amon Amarth, Slayer, Eluveitie, Mercenary, Necrophagist, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Dark Tranquility, Carcass

Psychobilly: Tiger Army, Nekromantix, Reverend Hoton Heat, Pitbull Farm

90s Rock: Goo Goo Dolls, Gin Blossoms, Better than Ezra, Live, Our Lady Peace, Smashing Pumpkins

Country/Folk: Johnny Cash, Garth Brooks, Chris Ledoux, Ryan Adams, Damien Rice

Indie: Nada Surf, Magnet, Copeland, Lovedrug, Chuck Ragan, Elliott

Stuff I can't fit into a category: Radiohead, Dredg, Porcupine Tree, Tom Waits