SFR: Port Angeles/Sequim Area Thefts

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by Ethan G., Dec 12, 2007.

1. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Media:
    Just a bit of info for you guys planning to go fishing anytime in this area. On two seperate occasions my brother, aka NW Patriot, and I have been stolen from in this area. A few weeks ago, my brother's TFO rod was stolen while he was fishing less than 25 feet away on the Dungeness near the mouth. Now, today, we were fishing Morse Creek by the Olympic Discovery Trailhead, my Zune mp3 player was stolen from a locked car. So I'm thoroughly pissed off.:mad: Just letting everyone know.
    -Ethan G.

2. Steven Green

Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Media:
    your an angry kid.

3. EMPyre

EMPyre Erich with an H -Top Water Soldier-

Media:
    Sucks a hairy pair. Sorry to hear. Leave nothing behind, meth is an epidemic.

4. Caddis Skater

Caddis Skater Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

iagree

5. 1morecast

1morecast Active Member

Media:
    Ethan,

On Monday I was on the Dungenenss at what is called the School House Hole. I had just parked my truck and walked down to the river for a look. I was there no longer then 5 minutes as I was walking back and in sight of my truck a little white older toyota with 4 kids took off. They were parked on the far side of my truck which was parked as close as I could get to the brush. Everything was in place when I got back to my truck. My instincts told me that something funny was going on, be careful out there!!

6. kodiaksalmon

kodiaksalmon Jeff B.

For the locals here, I live back off of Dryke Road, (about five minutes from the Dungy) and there was a rash of vehicle break-ins a while back. I used to hate my neighbors crazy barking dog, but now he can bark all he wants to.

The tweaker population is definately healthy in these parts. A guy from base (I don't know him) was supposedly jumped the other night by one. I've never had any problems myself, but I always consider them everywhere.

7. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Media:
    Steven....we should leave all my valuables out in my car like radar detector, leave back off so you can see subs, leave a nice rod in there and maybe a wallet. Then hide in the woods in our thinsulate waders and camo gear and wait till they come and pull some counterstrike stuff on their asses. I roll flashbang out then you do some jiu jitsu stuff and i just tie them to trees to be eaten by bears. Ps ethan sorry about zune.

8. Steven Green

Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Media:
    sounds like a good plan i just learned a fun new way to break a shoulder . . .

9. Kyle McCurdy

Kyle McCurdy Member

Home Page:
    I always fear something like this happening to me when I park by the Dungeness hatchery and wonder away from my car for a few hours.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

10. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Ethan,

I'm sorry about your loss. As a regular reader here you should know by now not to leave anything in your car except an empty ammunition box on the dashboard.

Sg

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I don't hang out nearly enought with MAT or SG. You guys have it dialed in, but make sure you are protecting the rights of those criminals. We would not want them to really get hurt, eaten by bears or even soil their pants, right?

Ethan, thanks for the heads up, sorry that we learn of this after the loss of gear by you and your brother. I hope your insurance will cover the losses or your stuff is discovered by law enforcement before it moves on to the next HOT buyer.

12. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Media:
    Man, this thread is from '07. I got the sweet new Zune now. :D But, yeah, I've wised up and stopped leaving things in my car since then.
    -Ethan

13. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Media:
    lol this is olddd...I hate to carry two rods around tho

14. Cole15

Cole15 New Member

ya i got my cat stolen off my truck a while back. good excuse for new exhaust!!