Shhhh! Carp Fly swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Flyn'dutchman, Jun 10, 2005.

1. So how's everybody doin' with their Carp flies? I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys have tied. After FD mails them I'm wondering if everyone might make a few comments about their patterns.

2. The date is here gentlemen and I have only received flies from Mr.P. Address is here if you missed it.

Steve deJong
    1006 Grenz St.
    Wenatchee, WA 98801

3. FD, my offerings are in the mail. I sent them out this morning so they will arrive early next week. Please, don't count me out!

Mr. P, these patterns have been very effective for me lately. When fished with the right action they will hold their own against any other fly - IMHO. :p I look forward to sharing that technique with y'all and hearing your's as well.

4. are people gonna send theirs in? I thought this swap was a no go, and i have been in areas that don't have internet for the past 7 weeks. Anyways, i will do mine if the swap is still open.

Peace,
    Andy

5. ZP, I'm anxious to see your light one and your dark one. I thought you were back from Europe and hopefully over the amoebic dysentery. How is your tummy anyway?

BY, glad you’re still in and mostly done with your flies. When you're all done I’m anxious to see them and learn from a pro.

6. Backyard's arrived today. Look good enough to eat. Very creative to say the least. Vancouver's and Zen's are on the way. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. Vancouver's are here. Look great. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. Gentlemen, (and I use that term rather loosely)
    Still waiting on Zen and Jay's flies and I am heading out elk hunting this afternoon, supposedly for the next two and a half weeks. Maybe I'll have elk hair for everyone. Will check back sometime in between though. Laundry trip. Hopefully they will be here so I can send these babies out. The ones I do have aren't doing anybody any good sitting in my house.
    Steve

9. Dutch,
    Mine should have been there a week ago. Anyways, i don't care when i get the flies back, as long as they do get sent out. Good luck with the elk.

Peace,
    Andy

10. Back today, Zen's arrived, Jay's still aren't here. Jay let me know when you sent them. If they went out when you originally said they did, they must be lost? No elk but a nice deer that will supply some beautiful blue dunn hair for emergers. :thumb:

11. Carp Emergers or just some plain ol' trout emergers?

12. Flies are ready to be mailed in the morning. Final tab, five tiers. Each of you sent fourteen files so each will get fourteen back. Ten flies of the original swap. Some will be duplicates plus some I threw in (bunny leeches the will work for both carp and trout). Mr.P's are the unlabled chartruse and black wooleys and orange soft hackle ones and Vancouver's are the black with crystal flash and white with crystal flash ones. Great looking bugs. Carp are still to be had from what our local shop owner is saying. If anyone is schooled in posting pictures to the gallery please do so. I haven't figured out how yet. Thanks guys. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

13. Correction! In the mail!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

14. Sweet flies everyone! Steve your's is one of the best carp flies I've ever seen. Can't wait to test'm all out.

Thanks!

15. Thanks everyone for following through; I'm also looking forward to trying these new patterns. Thanks FD for organizing this.

16. Wow, my first fly swap is out of the way - guess you could say I'm no longer a virgin. There were some excellent tyers in the bunch and I'm excited to get out and try my new arsenal. Thanks to everyone!

Here's a picture of a lean one I hooked with my black maribou pattern - the day before I got my fly swap package.

17. Y'all want me to post pictures of the flies, I think it might be cool for others to see what we tyed up.

Peace,
    Andy

18. Andy, If you can post them do so. I got the pictures on my camera but haven't figured out how to get them in the gallery. Go for it.

19. Please do Zen; that would be cool.

20. Alright, they should be up this afternoon. Wow...its late, but the concert was muy beuno.

Peace,
    Andy