Short Belize Report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Upton O, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Grand Slam on February 21, 2011 fishing out of El Pescador Lodge, Belize. I'd rather be lucky than good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Hell yes!

3. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

I am so jealous! Spent about 10 days in Belize in 2006 - mostly down in Placencia. I caught a lot of bonefish. Saw quite a few permit but never connected. No tarpon, but had a blast catching barracuda!

4. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

5. ribka

ribka Active Member

The grand slam. Congrats. Never able to finish a grand slam. Could never connect on permit when the bone fish, tarpon were hitting.

You have some bragging rights now

6. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

That Tarpon looks like a shad (but of course I haven't caught any of them , so I'm really just quite jealous).

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Karl is just being Karl. Looks like an awesome trip!

8. [WR]

[WR] Member

Oh, Man! makes me regret going back to work for a living.. haven't been there in like 12 years. Probably some of the best, friendliest, luxe, adventure fishing i've had.
    Grreat work on the Slam
    Rich

9. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Sweeeeeet!!!!!

10. isaacfab

isaacfab Member

Awesome!

11. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

congratulations...that's a hell of an accomplishment.

12. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

I'm sitting here listening to the wind and rain pelt the house, its chilly outside and I've become a Belize woosie. Man, I miss that place. We met some really fun people; my guide, the staff and accommodations at El Pescador were outstanding and, of course, the fishing for a man of my skill set was perfect. The next trip down I'm targeting a REAL tarpon, and more permit, and more bones, ah, hell, I want it all. Anyway, thanks for all of your comments. I'm still in the after glow. I know Leland is hosting a group heading down there in late spring when there is greater possibility for more and larger tarpon. From what I know, this time of year they are scarce and not typically seen a lot. If anyone wants more info, please PM me with your phone number and I'll give you any help I can.

13. Tony James

Tony James Member

Wow - congratulations! What a great trip.

14. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

I wish I were you! Well done.