Short Eastside Report

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by dcm, Oct 30, 2012.

1. dcm

dcm Member

Got a little bit of late start, but managed a short float this past Saturday. Weather and water conditions were pretty good. Not too cold, mostly overcast and only a little intermittent drizzle throughout the day. Visibility was very good and, although I couldn’t find my thermometer, I’d say the water was starting to cool off down around that 50 deg mark (judgment made based on cold toes). “Busy” is a somewhat relative term, but this was one of my more crowded experiences on this river. I saw several other boats/rafts/guides and bank anglers and had to pass several favorite spots because they were already occupied. Not particularly surprising for a weekend though. I started out fishing a floating line, but switched to some light tips and small winter-type flies. I had a couple of suspicious bumps but no real good grabs. I didn’t see any fish caught and no one that I spoke to had caught anything (or at least they weren’t admitting it if they had). Good day on the water; fall colors are in full effect.

Picture 190.jpg

Alpine4x4 and Mike like this.
  2. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

You probably floated past us, we were shore bound and doing a mix of gear and fly fishing. We caught nothing as well. Only one group admitted to catching fish, two wilds they said.