Short Hike in Fishing Lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Joe Smolt, May 2, 2008.

1. Joe Smolt Member

Bothell, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    My wife is gun-ho to take our 2 1/2 year old on a short overnight backpack trip this summer. Don't ask me why? Guess its start 'im early. I'd like to go to a fishable alpine lake with a hike of a mile or less. Any suggestions leaving from the seattle area?

Joe
  2. mukman Old to the board

Mukilteo, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Lake Boardman off of Hwy 92 is about a 1 - 1 1/2 mile, not too steep hike (I would guess that's a walk/carry for a 2 1/2 year old). It's a very approachable lake, very pretty with some tent sites on the water. It's been a long while, but I think I remember doing that with our boys when they were that age, or at least not too much older.
  3. CoastalCutt Member

North Bend, WA
    Talapus Lake off 90 near the Tinkham exit I believe is a short one, with a nice lake with cutties, brookies. It has camp sites also.
  4. JE Active Member

Great NW
    Ratings: +50 / 0
    My wife and I packed our first son in to Manashtash Lake overnight when he was 9 months old - couple of miles or so.
    -JE
  5. fish49st8 New Member

Seattle, WA
    Lost Lake off I-90 in Kittitas County. It usually gets a billion fish stocked in the lake. You can drive up to this Alpine Lake. Also how about Lake McLeod or is that Mcleod Lake in the Snoqualmie Tree Farm area. The trail is about a 100 yard off the road. There is a an old dock you can fish off.
  6. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +200 / 0
    Check out the area around Stevens Pass. A lot of nice little lakes within easy walking distance.

MB
  7. Tom Bowden Active Member

Black Diamond, WA
    Ratings: +72 / 3
  8. Jerry Pompa New Member

kent washington
    lake dorothy just off of highway 2 before skykomish. you take the miller river road and stay on it all the way. there will be a big parking area and the trailhead is right there. its 1.5 miles to the lake. if you dont have a tube thats ok, you can catch fish right in some pools near the outlet. also theres lots of trees down that can walk out on to. ive caught some nice brookies and cutts.
  9. Joe Smolt Member

Bothell, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    thanks for the suggestions
  10. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +402 / 0
    x2 for talapus, it'll be an easy hike for everyone (had my daughter up there many times when she was the same age.)
  11. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Lost isn't a 'hike to' lake and has limitted camping. But there are some lakes you can hike to in that area.

McLeod isn't an overnighter lake - no camping allowed on the tree farm.