Short Report

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by HauntedByWaters, Jan 28, 2014.

1. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    I have to admit I felt a little guilty lately, I have been gear fishing like the last 2 months or so chasing hatchery steelhead without grabbing my fly rod once. It came to a point where I wasn't even having much fun, steelhead fishing is serious business. Right? No! So I decided to grab my fly rod and head out alone and take my time and just have fun. It was easy to do, and amazingly, I was kind of giddy the night before. I chose to fish water I had been fishing lately with gear in an effort to compare the results. The day seemed slow, I had some doubts after all that gear fishing, but just when I was about to give in to the skunk, a steelhead came through. I don't want to share the "results" for fear of calamity in this precious fly fishing only website. ;) It felt great to catch a fish the best way I know how, again. The feeling never gets old. Cheers!

Attached Files:

Jeremy Floyd, CLO, plaegreid and 3 others like this.
  2. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    Nice Report, Sweet Dingley and Sweeter fish. Wish my last couple days were as good as yours.
  3. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +307 / 0
    Nice job. What's the purpose of the green bungee cord?
  4. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    It holds back his luscious locks while he is posing for his magazine cover shot..
  5. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Good job on the fish J!
  6. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    Very awesome.thanks for sharing! I was wondering the same about the green ties on the lower grip?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  7. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +298 / 0
    Maybe its a 2 pce and he uses the green bands when he breaks his rod down.
  8. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    It is a Burkie 7125-3. I use the hair ties to hold it all together when broken down as I hike around to my spots, I rarely boat fish. They store easily on the handle like that and don't get lost like the Rod Butler and the like which must be stored in a pocket or something. 3 piece rods are especially complicated to break down safely for bush whacking.
  9. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,761 / 0
    Nice little steelhead.

Why the slam to the board? What purpose did that serve?
  10. CLO coho where are you?

Seattle
    Ratings: +315 / 0

Because some people on this board can't take a joke.

Nice fish Hauntedbywaters, it's pretty rare for you to post pictures and/or a report haha..
  11. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    You figure someone doesn't have a sense of humor so you slam the entire board. Sure, that will make it all work better. If it is such an issue that you guys think you need to slam the place why sitck around?
  12. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    I am not sure what the slam is. I reread this several times. He is winking with his tongue in cheek comment, so I think you have just misinterpreted him Kerry.
  13. CLO coho where are you?

Seattle
    Ratings: +315 / 0
    Case in point.

Lets keep this thread about hauntedbywaters steelhead report.
  14. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +298 / 0

Somebody has his panties on backwards this morning.;)
    plaegreid likes this.
  15. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Nope, no panties bound up or nothing and why would you even think that? I just don't understand bashing the entire board when it had nothing to do with the guy's original post. It doesn't make sense to me and I think if this place is so bad that he needs to bash it for no reason why is he even here?
  16. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    He slammed the board in his steelhead report for no reason so I am sticking to his report.
  17. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    HBH does this in almost every post he makes here. He seems to have a need to take pot shots at the membership when he can. I don't understand it and would like to know why. I didn't misinterpret anything.
  18. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +692 / 0
    Whats wrong with wearing your pantys backwards?
    smc likes this.
  19. Lex Active Member

Seattle / Carlton
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    I re read his post three times and don't see at all where he slammed anything or anyone.

HBW, nice fish.
  20. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    KerryS and I have fished together before and he doesn't like me. It's all good. Some people don't get along.
    Blake Harmon likes this.