Short SRC Report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by dryflylarry, Feb 12, 2013.

1. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +533 / 0
    I finally made it out on the water for a couple hours this afternoon searching for some sea run cutthroat. The tide was low at 12:30 and I hit the water a 1:30. My sciatic nerve has been giving me problems the last couple of months, so it was nice to be on the water. Things were pretty slow. The water was absolutely dead calm, which I don't like. I worked the beach for about an hour moving up and down. Finally sat down for a break and watched. Finally saw a few small swirls. I wandered back out, put on my Popsicle Stick, and made my first cast to the area of the last swirl I had seen. Bam! First cast and a hard hit, but I didn't hook up. 2nd cast and I had a number of small grabs without hooking up, and then the 3rd cast to another area nearby hooked into a nice solid fish. It was a colorful fish of about 14". Couldn't make any other hookups, but it was a nice day. Then, suddenly the wind kicked into full gear, so I called it quits. White caps in my face. One fish is better than no fish. :) today\'scutt.jpg
  2. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
  3. Mark Mercer Member

port orchard, wa
    Ratings: +466 / 0
    Way to go Larry thats a nice cutt, better than I did today.
  4. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Ratings: +259 / 0
    Awesome Larry! I am going out tomorrow, your post is stoke for me..fingers crossed :)
  5. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    Helluva nice looking cutthroat, Larry. I'm going to have to head in those "inland" waters. Maybe Friday.
  6. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +234 / 0
    good one Larry
  7. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +258 / 0
    Nice photo Larry. I'll bet the cold water numbed the pain in your leg a bit.
  8. oly New Member

Quilcene, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Larry,
    PM or call 765 0989 to fish.
    Oly