NFR Shotgun Barrel Length

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by freestoneangler, Dec 23, 2012.

?

Favorite Length Shotgun Barrel?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2012.
32 1 vote(s) 5.9%
30 1 vote(s) 5.9%
28 9 vote(s) 52.9%
26 6 vote(s) 35.3%
  1. EHB86 Member

Puget Sound and Plain, WA
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I'm in the "different barrel for different uses group". I like a 20" barrel on my 870 12 for Turkey, a 26" on my 16 BPS for Chukar, etc. and 28" on an O/U for upland birds, clays, etc. Their all fun.
  2. xdog Active Member

Washington, Alaska and Louisiana
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Th
    Quite kind, thank you. :)
  3. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +706 / 1
    Picked up the gun yesterday -- looked every bit as good as the pictures and Cabela's (Mitchell, SD) gun salesman described. Break action is nice and tight, but smooth. With the exception of one small nick on the butt section, looks new to me. Buying used always leaves a little question, but buying through Cabela's allowed me to handle before committing to have it -- did not charge me to have it shipped to Lacey. With the rest of the week off, I'm going to spend some time somewhere making it go boom.

After reading all of Roper's posts, my interest in upland bird hunting is growing. I spent a couple hours today searching the internet on access areas both here in WA and SW MT near our property. Both states have put together some really nice websites with interactive maps, etc... but honestly, MT wins by a whisker. :D

Thanks for the input!
    CZ Canvasback.JPG
    Ed Call likes this.
  4. wyofly Active Member

NW Wyoming
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    My upland guns are an #2 AyA 16 Ga.with a 29" barrels that balance well, and a Parker Repro 2-barrel set in 28 Ga. The Parker has 26 and 28 inch barrels and I prefer the 28.
  5. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    Here's some class!
  6. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +706 / 1
    Agree. In fact, reading Wyofly's posts about his place and the accompanying pictures has me thinking a forum cast & blast outing out his way would be the bomb...no pressure there Wyofly, no pressure :D