Show me your raft

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by verendus, Nov 7, 2012.

1. BDD

BDD Active Member

We have built frames for RMR. Good products, good prices. That is a 13 footer posted in the picture and later bought by Rick.

2. verendus

verendus Member

Thanks everyone for posting your thoughts and photos. I almost bought RMR after seeing its bombproof construction and unbelievable price. I think anyone looking for a quality raft should consider this brand. But, I ended up going with a full 16' Aire 156D. This was a tough decision as I wanted a good fishing boat, but also a family raft for multiday trip. 14' would've been great for the former purpose but with kids growing up fast, 16' was a no brainer. Now I have all the space I want for a self-supported multiday steelhead trips. This will be a big jump for me as I am coming from a 10' toy boat (Assault XX). No more throwing the raft in the trunk and driving off to a river. Trailer is a must, and my set of oars weigh more than my 10' Scadden. :)

I love the AIRE design as it has a urethan bladder that can easily be patched up on the water. The quality of material and construction is something to behold. It also has a sealed floor unlike the regular Aire models, so will be a lot more nimble and quick.

Here's a picture of my new ride. I didn't get the frame. And will be building my own rowing frame, as I will be using the raft as transport. I am also looking forward to running some class IV+ whitewater. A lot more boat than I set out to find, but I am happy with the choice.

[​IMG]

JesseCFowl likes this.
  3. Jake Dixon

Jake Dixon Member

Dig those rod holders. Nice setup.

4. Bradley Miller

Bradley Miller Dances with fish

5. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Smith River, MT.

6. Bradley Miller

Bradley Miller Dances with fish

Ok thanks....looks amazing.
    I'd love to take a toon on a river fishing/camping trip someday.