sinking lines

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by baseballandfishing, Aug 1, 2002.

1. baseballandfishing New Member

covington, wa, usa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    what type sinking line would be best for the lakes out here and eastern wa? What company makes the best lines?im not looking for anything too expensive since all i have for money is allowance.
  2. chief Active Member

Portland, OR
    Ratings: +96 / 1
    For a full sinking line - type III-IV you can get factory seconds at www.fortackle.com for $8.50. I bought one just to see what $8.50 buys you, and its not a bad line. I would also get an intermediate/type I sink for shallow eastern washington lakes. Don't know where to get a deal on those.
  3. baseballandfishing New Member

covington, wa, usa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    are those lines alright? for 8.50 it seems like there might be something wrong with them.
  4. chief Active Member

Portland, OR
    Ratings: +96 / 1
    They are seconds from one of the major line makers, and although probably slightly imperfect, the one they sent me looks and works fine. The coating is not as slick as some of the other sinking lines I have, it is a little soft, but it casts pretty well and breaks the surface tension quickly. It is a good deep water line for the money, works better than some of the expensive uniform sink lines I've owned in the past that refused to sink........I guess you take your chances with this type of deal, but it worked out for my needs.
  5. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Chief thanks for the fly line info. I went ahead and ordered one of those $8.50 second factory lines. For that price you really can't pass it up.