Site too big

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Old Man, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,704 / 0
    Well I have to admit that all the good work you are doing is not helping me any. Since I don't know what I'm talking about I will try to explain it the best I can. When I try to answer a thread and add any smilies I can't because of this block that I'm writing in is now off centered. I side the site to the left but it is too big and I can't get the smilies on this page.. The block where you write the message is too far to the right.

I'd try to draw you a picture but my computer skills are very lacking.

Jim
  2. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +301 / 0
    No need to explain further Jim, I got it. Let me play around with it a bit.
  3. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    Can you take a snapshot of the screen, Jim. YOu hit the print screen key, open a blank image document like Adobe, or Corel, clink on the blank drawing and hit control v. THen save it as an image.
  4. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Sloan, he's talking about the post form which is currently set with the text entry box being too wide, pushing the smiley box beyond 100% so you have to scroll to see it.
  5. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Hit reply Jim, take a look.
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Well it's a little better. I see that you tried to get a spell checker here. But all I can get of it is a piece of the side and it's just a little sliver.

I get the smilies about four across. I know that there is more but no matter what I do they are just not there.

Thank you for all the work you have put into this site. It just keeps getting better. Well at least for some people. :(

Jim
  7. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Try again Jim. And fyi - the spell checker has been there for a couple years. Good eyes!
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Don't bother with it anymore. What you fix for me will probably screw it up for others.

I'll just blunder along with what I have. I keep wanting to get one of those wide screens but just haven't talked the wife into it. Maybe that would help. I just have to get by with one of the regular screens.

But thank you for trying to please me.

Jim