Size 20 and Smaller Tax Day Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Mar 6, 2006.

1. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    You are tying size 20s after 2 months?! It took me a whole lot longer than that!
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    ChadK, you've got more guts than I do, my friend.

I noticed that I neglected to put my snail mail addy in the swap announcement. It's there now.

This is already fun. I get to hear my wife, VEE, muttering about size 22 wally wings.

REE
  3. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    The bugs are in the mail.
  4. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    I don't believe this. I've got one set of flies in my hand from ChadK and another set in the mail. Talk about your basic overachievers. I bet you guys already have your IRS refunds in the bank too.

Great job guys, like to see them early. Now the rest of us slackers have something to shoot for.

REE
  5. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Wow, they got there fast :)

I just realized that I never double checked the eyes for glue. I wanted to be sure and point this out before anyone spends too much time trying to thread a size 20 hook eye that has been glued shut.
  6. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    I sent them in a good while ago, now I'm just waiting for the government to give me my money back...
  7. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
  8. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Ron,

Mine are in the mail tomorrow. My taxes however are not yet done...I'm going to have to give the wife a talking to about that.:rofl:

Warren
  9. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Warren,

At least you got your priorities straight.

REE
  10. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    i haven't even started my flies because i have been busy tying for my steelhead trip this weekend, but will start as soon as i get back on monday. i got my tax money and spent last month.
  11. Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Snohomish, Wa
    Flies aren't done, but my return is in the bank! I figure if the government owes me money, why wait? I guess the better question is why give them more than they need in the first place?
  12. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Trevor, Your flies arrived in todays mail. Very nicely done.

Desmond, as an ex-accountant I had several clients that thought paying the IRS was like having a bank account. After a couple years I finally convinced them to change their W-4 and put the money in an interest bearing account. They are much happier now, and I'm retired.

REE
  13. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Some very nice flies from Warren Perry were in my mailbox this afternoon. Nicely done, as always, Warren.

REE
  14. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    VEE handed me her ties for the swap just a few minutes ago. I guess the big advatage to being married to the swapmeister is the savings on postage. She doesn't get to see the flies until I shoot the pictures though. Fair is fair.

REE
  15. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    mine are done just need to put them in the mail. they will be out by the end of the week.
  16. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Thanks for the heads up Mike. looking forward to seeing your bugs.

REE
  17. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Hey Ron, my flies are finished and I will have them in the mail either Monday, or if I am fishin, Tuesday. This Marysville-Rockport commute makes it tough to get to the PO, lol
  18. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Davey, I understand completely.

Mike, your package arrived today, but there was just some toe tags and reeeeeeeeally tiny beads in the box. Oh, wait. Vickie just got out the 20X magnifer and there are flies attached to those beads. Hope you guys have some 20X tippet laying around.

REE
  19. Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Snohomish, Wa
    Hey Ron, I've got my size 20's done. If you don't mind, I'd like to send them with my flies for the marathon swap, I expect to finish those up tonight so everthing will be in the mail no later than Wednesday. I can wait to get my 20's until the first week of May when you send out the marthon flies.
  20. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Desmond, sounds good to me. Was just about to post a reminder to all those with flies still sitting on their bench that time is starting to get close on this one. About time to drop them in the mail.

REE