Skeena/Dean Guides?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by TallFlyGuy, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good local (canadian) guide for the Dean river as well as the Skeena river system?

A guide that caters to the spey fisherman.

websites and contact info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tall

2. Hit the spey pages web site and look up Bob Pauli, Dana, Kush, etc. Bob fishes the area frequently, Dana and Kush live in BC and are probably on a first name basis with the majority of the areas guides.
    Fred

3. Do you need a spey rod to fish the Dean/Skeena Rivers more so than you do on the Sauk?

4. Nathe, What's your definition of "need"?
    ;)

Tall

5. Contact Brian at whistlerflyfishing.com

-Kristin

6. Good suggestion; he also has a pretty darned good web site.

7. As in could I expect to get into steelhead up there even with a one hander? Is it longer distance casting than needed on the Sauk?

8. I agree with whistler fly fishing as well.
    Nathe,
    The river up north are by no means a 2 handed rod only. I like a 2 handed rod because I can IMO fish water better. I can be in the water more and cast further with less effort. It is personal choice on the rod that you want to use. PLUS the steelhead dont care!!!:thumb:
    Chris

9. follow up agree with brian, super cool guy, very knowlegable as well

10. Does anyone have suggestions on patterns to tie up? I'm heading up that way in July, and it appears that I really need to start tying NOW. Do the 'standards' work up in BC?

11. you might want to give Jeff Brazda a call, he has Dean Trips available and is an amazing steelhead guide. I've only seen him in action on the OP, but he can get er done! ask Jergens, he knows him better than I

http://www.brazdasflyfishing.com/seasons.html