Skeet Shooting near Seattle

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by JesseC, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ok guys,

I haven't brought the shotguns out of hibernation since moving here 3 years ago from Nevada. Well, I'm long overdue.

I was wondering if any of you have some advice regarding gun clubs near Seattle?

Renton Gun Club or Seattle Trap & Skeet?

Thanks

2. I've shot at Renton Fish and Game Club a few times for Ruffed Grouse get togethers. Nice place and folks. They have trap and skeet fields. What's to say, go break some clays...

Kenmore, farther north has 5 stand that is really a kick in the pants...it's where I shoot with my Grandson.

3. Renton also has Continental and International trap ranges.

If you want to get into some serious sporting clays you need to go out to Sequim and shoot at Drykes Sporting Clays. Matt Dryke is a very well know international shooter and winner of gold medals at the Olympics. His sister is nothing to sneeze at. It is a great range and a big variety of shooting games to tune you up and hone your shooting. If you haven't done it you should. Take a case of shells with you!!If you aren't tuned up in a day of shooting then you aren't going to be! The best way to do it is to get a small group together and go do it. But if you cann't get 2 or 3 other people to go then just go do it!

Dave

Dave

4. The Dryke shooting range is a wonderful experience and you might need a case and a half. What a fun place to shoot and find those special targets you can't hit and those targets you hit consistently that you can't believe you're hitting. Chuck Dryke showed me more about shooting, my shooting, in a half day than I've learned in 55 years toting a shotgun. Set up some lessons in the morning and shoot until you're too sore in the afternoon. By the way, the first two hours of my lessons were eye testing which was totally worth the money.

I also highly recommend the Ft. Lewis shotgun range. They offer skeet, trap, five-stand, duck tower, and wobble skeet. Wobble skeet is my favorite especially as a tune up for bird hunting. The range master, David, is a great guy and very helpful. If you decide to go to Ft. Lewis, you have to sign in at the main gate. You'll need proof of current vehicle registration, proof of insurance, and valid driver's license. You no longer have to register your firearms to bring them on post. DO NOT bring a handgun on Post. That will get you in deep doo-doo.

5. granite falls has 5 stand,sporting clays and trap...ravensdale has 5stand,sporting,trap and skeet...

6. I shot Sporting Clays down at Seattle Trap & Skeet last month. They have alot of skeet fields and the Clays course is pretty good. Its a bit of a drive but I was impressed when I got there. If I still lived down in the Seattle area I would be a member at that place.

SPAD

7. Looks like I'll be making a visit to Drykes sometime soon!

I made the trek up to Ravensdale and shot 4 rounds of trap to get the rust off; 19, 19, 21, 24! Not tooooo horrible for such a long time on the shelf.

Now I just need to do a little back-country "hiking".