Skunk-B-Gone

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by cmtundra, May 31, 2005.

1. cmtundra New Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Yee-haww! Finally caught some SRC from the salt last night at Narrows View Park(?). Saw a few other ff guys coming and going but not sure how they fared. Fish were moderately active & I managed to land 2 and a couple possible missed bumps. It was fun, there was no mistaking the hits. Nice, agressive hits & a scrappy fight from a couple 11-12 inchers. We were there from about 7pm-8:30pm.

Even better, I had just tied the winning fly up earlier in the afternoon just for the occasion. I've seen similar flies but don't remember the name...in any case, I just made up the ingredients based on what I had....#6 2x streamer hook//flat silver Braided Mylar body//Gray Squirrel tail underwing with 2 strands of silver flashabou//4 strands of peacock hearl for an overwing, tied a little longer than the underwing//Black thread head. -tied somewhat sparse. I tried 2 other flies and my buddy tried several, but that fly was the only one that took any fish.
  2. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +532 / 0
    Awww, heck! I thought you were gonna turn us all on to a new product that magically lets us catch some fish! :D
    But congrats! Nothing like fooling your first searun cutt on a fly you tied yourself and bringing the tough little scrapper to hand to admire it's beauty! :beer2: (actually a "double latte")

Jimbo
  3. salt dog card shark

Edmonds WA / Mazama
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Congrats on getting the stink off! and with your own hand tied fly too, that is espeically noteworthy, well done!