Sky Float Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by PT, Dec 10, 2013.

1. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +699 / 2
    Special consideration to DanielOcean if he has the day off. Rivers low and cold but want to get out anyway. If someone wants a seat in the raft, let me know. I will more than likely huck some gear in a couple spots but primarily it'll be a cast and swing kinda day. Nymph between spots or fish my float and whatever below it. Or, strictly swing away. If no takers, I'll more than likely just go to work.

Dave
  2. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +555 / 0
    Dave,

That is a very kind offer that I am sorry to say no too. Unfortunately I have to work and only have the weekends off. However, in the future if you ever want to hit the sky again please let me know. Worst case scenario please stop by for a beer. Thanks again.

Dan
  3. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    When conditions are decent we can take a weekend run at it.
  4. Darthmonkey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +145 / 0
    I'd go, but my reels'n shit need to get back. Oh and I have one last final exam.
  5. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Thursday or Friday are also options.
  6. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +912 / 0
    I'll go Thursday (unless something comes up tomorrow at work)
  7. Breck Active Member

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +55 / 0
    Floated it today. Ben Howard to Lewis Street Bridge. Brought a dinky wild steelhead to hand on a nymphed bead *gasp*, but that was it for action, despite fishing hard all day long.
  8. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    I ended up working. Thanks for the PM's from a couple of you. I'd like to get out and will let you know next go around.
  9. Cascadian New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am considering floating the Sky on Thursday with one other guy. I have never floated that river yet so if anyone has some experience on this river and would want to join us, that would be great!
  10. Evan Virnoche Guest

its a piece of cake
  11. Evan Virnoche Guest

here is a sweet diagram of the only part that is tricky, and its only really tricky below 1000 cfs Presentation2.jpg
    Alextron and David Bowerman like this.
  12. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +372 / 0
    Awesome diagram

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  13. Cascadian New Member

Thank you!
  14. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +912 / 0
    Who is this Evan verdouche guy and what have you done to bass turds
  15. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +278 / 0
    lol - verdouche sounds french to me.
  16. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +169 / 0
    It should be noted that you'll only be hitting that rapid if you're launching from High Bridge/Big Eddy. I agree though, nice diagram. I kind of like riding that inside seam of that first rapid though.
  17. David Bowerman Member

Richmond Beach, WA
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Agree - great diagram. The lower the water gets, the smaller that chute is. Had heart-stopper there earlier this year on a foggy morning when the river was running around 1600. The Clacka took on a little water but made it through.
  18. ChaseBallard bushwhacker

Seatown
    Ratings: +75 / 0
    Awesome diagram. That is exactly my method for driftin that section. Seen lots of boats take the left-side run down the first chute, right up near the bank, but after getting turned sideways in there last year and just about sh*tting ourselves, I prefer to ride her right down the middle.

If it's below 2000 CFS though, personally i like to just get out and walk it down that second boulder field.
  19. CLO Skykchromish Light Saber

Seattle
    Ratings: +285 / 0
    PT forgot to tell you, this is his boat: [IMG]
    Andrew Lawrence, constructeur and PT like this.
  20. Ryan Higgins Active Member

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    A buddy and I will be over on the 27th. We'll probably start floating at High Bridge on down. Hopefully the water stays up enough we can get his wood boat down without breaking it!